IGNORED

R1200RT Tire Changes

Albert

Yes. I use my floor jack to keep the front wheel off the ground. You can use a stand or a block if you don`t have a floor jack. If your looking for a tire tool don`t waste money on other tire bars. The only one that works Great is sold by Mitch. He`s a member of this forum and I recommend to buy it from him and save the headaches.

Yup, pretty much like the older oilheads. I removed and replaced my rear tire for the first time last week and it was as easy as I thought. The rear wheel will not, however, slide past the muffler - as did my 1100RT - so you have to take the bolt out of the muffler hanger and loosen the clamp at the pipe to the rear of the cat to swing it out of the way but it was easy enough to do.

Haven't done the front yet but it looks pretty straightforward. If you have one of those "umbrella girls" like they have at the race track to sit on the rear seat while you're working you can get the front tire off the ground. Otherwise pushing up with something from under the front of the engine block should do the trick.

Archived