IGNORED

OGK Kabuto FF5V Full Face Helmet

Guest Kakugo

In the Summer of 2010 I grew tired of my Shoei Multitec (affectionately nicknamed "The Sweatbox") so I bought this helmet for everyday use. I always use Arai's on "special occasions" but don't want to run the risk of scratching them in a bike park somewhere.

This helmet has lived up to expectations, and exceeded them.

It's built like the proverbial brick latrine, hence it's heavy.

Finish is above excellent: despite intense use it looks new. No scratches, no worn parts etc.

It doesn't fit me as perfectly as an Arai, but surely much better than all other brands I've had (Shoei, AGV, Premier, Suomy etc). OGK has been "stealthily" advertising they patterned fit after Arai helmets, and surely feels like it.

Ventilation for me is paramount and I rate this helmet second, albeit a distant one, to Arai.

This is a silent helmet, much quieter than an Arai, probably the quietest helmet I've ever had.

All internal padding is removable and can be machine washed no problem.

Bad points? So far only one: internal lining is falling to pieces. I've already replaced the cheek pads, but the skull cap is in very bad shape.

Next year I'll have to replace it, and I will either get another FF5V or the new RT33, which promises better ventilation.

Archived