IGNORED

Pulling the CCP?

94aero

I know I'm opening a can of worms with the many posts that have been made in the past! I have a 97 rt with a Staintune exhaust and minor surging in the 2 to 3000 rpm range. I really don't want to spend $ on a techlusion!What I have read is that if I remove this little yellow relay my proplem will disappear? Do I need to jumper any of the terminals? confused.gifHELP!

I know I'm opening a can of worms with the many posts that have been made in the past! I have a 97 rt with a Staintune exhaust and minor surging in the 2 to 3000 rpm range. I really don't want to spend $ on a techlusion!What I have read is that if I remove this little yellow relay my proplem will disappear? Do I need to jumper any of the terminals? confused.gifHELP!

Why not just pull the CCP and see how you like it? smile.gif

No jumpers needed. I'm running mine like that and I

too have a Staintune full system. 45K miles like that

and no problems.

Mick

Pulled the CCP out of my '00 about 7 months ago, and no issues noticed to date (other than a little decrease in fuel mileage and a little higher idle speed). No jumpering or anything else done (just an open hole where the CCP was). Surging is GONE!

Tom

Ok, stupid question #??? What is the CCP, what does it look like and what does it do? I gather it is in the fuse box area under the seat? Pierceeek.gif

CCP=Cat(alytic converter) Code Plug. What it does, it tells the Motronic engine control which built-in program to use. On a R1100 (does not apply to any R1150!) removing it tells the motronic to ignore the oxygen sensor (also called Lambda sond) and look for a manual CO adjuster pod, which really is a manual mixture adjuster. If there is no CO adjuster pod, it goes to a fall-back preset value which is not bad. European and Canadian R1100RT of that time came without cat. converter, without oxygen sensor, without CCP connector, but with the CO adjuster pod. It was my favorite setup, I liked it more than adding a Techlusion control.

CCP=Cat(alytic converter) Code Plug. What it does, it tells the Motronic engine control which built-in program to use. On a R1100 (does not apply to any R1150!) removing it tells the motronic to ignore the oxygen sensor (also called Lambda sond) and look for a manual CO adjuster pod, which really is a manual mixture adjuster. If there is no CO adjuster pod, it goes to a fall-back preset value which is not bad. European and Canadian R1100RT of that time came without cat. converter, without oxygen sensor, without CCP connector, but with the CO adjuster pod. It was my favorite setup, I liked it more than adding a Techlusion control.
can someone post a picture of the CCP in it's location. i'd like to try that on my 99 also. after adjusting the valves & throttle bodies it is better,but still has a surge.

thanks

robin thumbsup.gif

can someone post a picture of the CCP in it's location. i'd like to try that on my 99 also. after adjusting the valves & throttle bodies it is better,but still has a surge.

thanks

robin thumbsup.gif

There are two one-inch square relays in the fusebox. The one on the left side of the bike (I think)is the starter relay. the other one is the CCP. If you pull the starter relay by accident, the bike won't start. Just plug it back in. No big deal.

So then I can't do this on my 031150RT?

Of course you can. The 1150 has a pink cat code plug. Pulling it changes the fuel map, causing the bike to run slightly richer at low throttle inputs. On the 1150 there is no option (and no need) to add a CO potentiometer.

I pulled the CCP on my '03 with great results. Note that after pulling the CCP, you should reset the ECU by pulling the #5 fuse, then reinstall after 30 seconds.

This eliminated about 90% of my surging.

GW

Of course you can. The 1150 has a pink cat code plug. Pulling it changes the fuel map slightly, causing the bike to run slightly richer at low throttle inputs. On the 1150 there is no option (and no need) to add a CO potentiometer.

I pulled the CCP on my '03 with great results. Note that after pulling the CCP, you should reset the ECU by pulling the #5 fuse, then reinstall after 30 seconds.

GW

Do pull this #5 fuse while the bike is running? Or do I pull it with just the ignition on? I suppose I should just do a search for this huh. Pierce

Pull it while the bike is off. What you are doing is interrupting the power to the Motronic brain, so that it loses its memory of current settings. Then when it is re-powered and the bike is started, it will re-map for the new (no CCP) condition.

Tom

I too have a Staintune system on Bonbon, and did the CCP removal deal. I added a potentiometer however and have never looked back, except for the fact as has been pointed out here several times, the polution level of Bonbon's exhaust has gone up. That is the down side. The up side is she runs sooooooooooo smooooooooothly now.

I have a 99 and have ridden many miles with and without the CCP. I finally got my Valves and TB's sycn'd correctly and my bike has never run better WITHOUT the CCP. The key is a solid TB sync AND in my case a correct 0 = 0.

Thanks guys! I think I will try this out! Sorry if I have hijacked the thread. I've been wanting to try this out. You have been very helpful! Pierce thumbsup.gif

Pull it while the bike is off. What you are doing is interrupting the power to the Motronic brain, so that it loses its memory of current settings. Then when it is re-powered and the bike is started, it will re-map for the new (no CCP) condition.

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

All I can say is WOW!!! I just did it and went for a spin. Much much better! Thanks Glenn. clap.gifquote]

Of course you can. The 1150 has a pink cat code plug. Pulling it changes the fuel map, causing the bike to run slightly richer at low throttle inputs. On the 1150 there is no option (and no need) to add a CO potentiometer.

GW

Archived