IGNORED

Kushitani/BMW RR2 mesh leather jacket

Shaolin Master Sergeant

Shaolin Master Sergeant

I was looking for a more substantial summer mesh jacket than my Tourmaster Draft. Considered the Revit Tornado (fits a bit weird, squarish look), Olympia Renegade, Klim Induction, Rukka AiRider, Revit Ignition, BMW Airshell and Motoport. Then I saw a Kushitani RR2 on the clearance rack at Cross Country BMW in Metuchen, NJ for $365. Sierra BMW lists it at $465. I tried a size L and XL. The L was perfect but when I found that it didn't have back armor. I decided to add it. Now the L is too tight. The XL turned out to be a great fit with back armor installed. The NP armor is a bit stiff until body heat makes it conform to my body making it very comfortable. Also, it is substantial and coverage was great. The elbow armor almost went down to an inch of my wrist. Others only cover the elbow area. The leather is very soft and perforated at the sides. Nice details, great workmanship, pretty thick mesh yet comfortable and not scratchy. The best thing is that it is very good looking. I'm almost 50 but I'm thickly muscled, still a V shape front to back but I do have a middle aged midriff. This jacket made me look like I lost 20 lbs. Anyway, the fit is a bit more athletic, snug like a proper jacket to keep the armor in place.

This jacket flows a lot of air, maybe better managed than the loose Tourmaster (which has solid textile in the abrasion areas like elbows and shoulders). The Kushitani can start to warm up in the sun as it is black if in traffic. The armor is about 3/4" thick but it doesn't make unsightly bulges in the jacket. A Motoport jacket may be the ultimate in protection but I don't fancy the way they look, and that's being generous. This jacket has a slim athletic fit, not roomy like a Tourmaster or Olympia. I ride dorky with an orange safety vest over this jacket.

I highly recommend it if its set of strengths meet your expectations. I'm very happy with mine.

72602302 542-547- BMW Gift Ideas- Sierra BMW Online- BMW RR 2 Mesh Leather Jacket by Kushitani

Archived