IGNORED

2015 RT colors and dates

Marc

Digtlartist - please would you be so kind as to post a photo of the WCRT with told-school full bodywork in blue - either Biarritz or Midnight, if you please! Many thanks. :wave:

This is as close an estimation as I can get to Midnight Blue, which has deep green highlights that really don't photograph or reproduce accurately, kind of like Ebony Black with its red highlights.

These mockups are taking this thread far afield from its original subject so this'll be the last in this thread.

BLUERT3.jpg

These mockups are taking this thread far afield from its original subject so this'll be the last in this thread.

Could you tell us (in a new thread) how you are accomplishing your magic? Maybe a link to a tutorial, or even what software tools are used? I'd like to be able to make these sort of changes but have not found the technique to change the main color and keep the shading and reflections.

Larry,

Most of us designers use Photoshop for this kind of stuff... I live in it... so if you (or anyone on the board) have it, I have made a new file that you can download here to change the colors to your heart's content. It is a .PSD file that can be opened in Photoshop CS (I used CC 2014 for this). The colors are individual layers that you can turn on (as well as the Middle Fairing and Lower Spoiler). I made four color samples and with each color, three body panel modes. I used the old RT press photo from 2014 model year, that way I could control the color swap out vs. using the 2015 model year photos with the graphics. Anyone wanting to see any other color choices, just shout back. The .PSD file is in the Dropbox link.

Have fun you guys!

Chris

RoadWolf Design

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7jpp48o1rp1ceki/RTBase.psd.zip

BarritzBlue1_zpsb1d26e56.jpg

BarritzBlue2_zpsb292d9eb.jpg

BarritzBlue3_zpsa772516b.jpg

PiedmontRed1_zps4c43600f.jpg

PiedmontRed2_zps50f47757.jpg

PiedmontRed3_zps18dd32c5.jpg

GlacierGreen1_zps89d4c8b4.jpg

GlacierGreen2_zps612ff035.jpg

GlacierGreen3_zpsc808f748.jpg

MidnightBlue1_zps4656a5ca.jpg

MidnightBlue2_zps40f21ecd.jpg

MidnightBlue3_zps7ffb62dc.jpg

I will take it in Red, can you make it a Exclusive? That way all the options are on the bike and the Top Box would already be painted to match the bike. Low Seat Please....

Here is the top case colored matched (for simplicity's sake, just the upper fairing and side cases here):

BarritzBlue4_zps152c05f3.jpg

GlacierGreen4_zpsca182a29.jpg

MidnightBlue4_zpsc865c305.jpg

Sandstone4_zpsdc021aec.jpg

Black4_zps2fc5c7ea.jpg

PiedmontRed4_zps7d382fdf.jpg

DamaskRed4_zps1f9ea86d.jpg

Thanks John and Pat. Got bored a little last night and decided to have some fun with these. BTW, those graphics of mine are still coming. My template bike is at Touring Sport.

Was wondering about your bike? Don't believe I saw a post on which way you were going with the recall. Not that it was a requirement or anything.

Pat

Pat, I am keeping it. After fitting it out like I want, plus loving it in general, I've got too much invested in it. Plus, it helps that Touring Sport has lent me my old GT to ride in the meantime.

Pat, I am keeping it. Plus, it helps that Touring Sport has lent me my old GT to ride in the meantime.

Wow, now that's how you test or confirm your selection making abilities, big time.

Pat

Did... see above... let me know what you think... :grin:

A huge thank you tou all you graphic design folk.

To me, the fully coloured plastic restores the classy look of this model.

Your work has been/ will be so useful for us.

Thanks.

Totally agree....thanks to all the artists for all the hard work. The look of the bike in those colors has made it, to me, look absolutely stunning and reminds me more of the older fluid lines of the 1100's and 1150RT's that I once owned. Sure do wish they were offering those colors for 2015.

Anybody know how much it might cost to repaint a bike?

Did... see above... let me know what you think... :grin:

A huge thank you tou all you graphic design folk.

To me, the fully coloured plastic restores the classy look of this model.

Your work has been/ will be so useful for us.

Thanks.

I got a quote before the do not ride order of $1,500 to paint it black with hand painted white pinstripes, all panels off the bike, including the 49L topcase. That is a SF Bay Area quote, likely higher than other places. Still haven't figured out how to remove the two panels surrounding the headlights, but haven't tried too hard lately to figure it out.

Archived