IGNORED

Sirius/XM distortion

bubbamoore

Has anyone found a solution to the problem with Sirius/XM overdriving the bluetooth inputs? While all my other sources come through clean , XM is totally distorted ( and very loud )at all headset volume levels.

I only have old XM units but they have a rudimentary volume adjustment, something on the order of levels 1-5. Check in the menu.

I was referring to the on board sirius/XM in the R1200RTW audio system and I am using a sena 5 bluetooth headset. Everything comes through clean except XM which comes out extremely loud and distorted. I don't know of a line level volume control for just the XM.

• 2 weeks later...

You should be able to adjust the volume, just for the XM feed, on the Sena. I can do this on my Sena 10. (and had the same problem from only one audio source)

• 4 weeks later...

The sena unit is paired with the bike , all audio except the phone ( MP3 , radio , XM , GPS ) come through that pairing. If I were to adjust the sena unit down to compensate for XM , all other audio sources would come out very low volume. Even when using the on board speakers ( non bluetooth ) it is very obvious that the XM is coming in at a significantly higher volume.

Archived