IGNORED

Pricing Information

RobertS

Over 40 years I have purchased Japanese bikes at steep discounts, and Harley-Davidsons where the Dealer made you feel like he was doing you a favor by selling at full MSRP.

My question is regarding BMW Pricing. Are there discounts or should I be aware that full price is the ticket. The R1200RT I am looking at has an MSRP of $19,798.00. What is a fair price? What should I expect?

If you are dealing w/DAytona, you might want to check out other dealerships to compare.

Get an out the door price.

Only way to compare true cost.

A couple hundred extra miles might go a long way wrt dealer

experience.

YMMV

I am going to go down to the Dealer in Tampa. Once I decide on what I want, I'll ask the 3 dealers (Daytona, Orlando, and Tampa) for quotes. They are all the same distance so that is not a deciding factor.

Tampa is an excellent choice.

The others are linked.

Tampa is an excellent choice.

roadscholar

Tim is correctly trying to tell you something.

Also Jacksonville (Orange Park) is just 3-4 miles further, I looked. It's a good choice too.

Unfortunately there is no direct Highway Route to Jacksonville from Ocala. It may be only few miles further, but at least an hour travel time time longer than Tampa.

At BMW shops, might want to "deal" regarding price of adding options such as tank bag, rear case, BMW clothing, etc.

There is always room to deal a bit. This time of year probably not a lot. The 2 new BMW's I have purchased have been in September so were end of model year deals and I saved well over $1000 off list. BUT ... for me it would be what dealer do I want to buy from. I have a great relationship with Charlotte BMW for over 14 years! I would not buy from another dealer as they have treated me very well over the years. So you may want to consider what dealer you will be using for service, parts, etc. and not just price.

Archived