IGNORED

Cee Bailey Windscreen vs. ZTechnik Windscreen

Nathan Margolis

Nathan Margolis

I have a '13 R1200RT. On my previous R1150RT had a Cee Bailey and very pleased with it. On the '13 RT, went with ZTechnik based on the recommendation of the quietness in the cockpit and the fact I did not want to Bluetooth for bike sound system.

ZTechnik was very good, very quiet, and kept rain off you pretty darn good. And you could hear music at speeds up to 80 mph. The only negative for me was the windshield was slightly tall for me (5 feet 10 inches but ride in a slightly slumped riding position) where I would catch the lip of the screen in normal vision.

Will not tell you how the ZTechnik was damaged but have replaced a valve cover :-)

Thinking about going back to Cee Bailey and better vision.

QUESTION- Has anyone compared Cee Bailey vs. ZTechnik and have comments about Cee Bailey?

Thank you,

Nathan

R1200RT

R1100S

Vintage Triumph 750 Tiger

My CeeBailey has been with me for about 40,000 miles and I love it.

It's a +2, and I never have it up to highest setting, I'm 6'5" and have it well under eye line. I wait until 30mph and adjust it up till the buffeting stops.

Ride with outer visor up and only inner tinted visor down a lot of the time, really makes a difference in the warm slow speeds to have the outer visor up.

The ZTechnik screens are made from 4.5mm polycarbonate with FMR hardcoating, while Cee Bailey are made from .25" acrylic. Polycarbonate is stronger, so the shield can be thinner. In my experience (not with ZTechnik) polycarbonate coatings are great until they begin to deteriorate. Because acrylic is softer, it scratches more easily, but scratches are also easier to polish out. Each plastic has its advantages and disadvantages.

Like Over, I have about 40,000 miles experience with a Cee Bailey, and was pleased enough to replace it with another Cee Bailey.

Archived