IGNORED

Brake/clutch reservoir RAM mount on 12RT

johnlt

CycleGadgets.com told me no, they would not fit.

But, they carry the Hoon Hardware plates that mount over the reservoirs that DO fit.

Personally, I like the looks of the covers you guys drilled out, however. thumbsup.gif

What are the little holes through the assembly on the handlebar for? I figured you could mount not too heavy things just by clamping a mount through one of those holes. Are they not strong enough to hold anything and if so what the heck are they there for?

the small holes are for mirrors, same assembly as on other bikes and I have used them to mount mickey mouse mirrors from a 1150R. I would be careful with drilling in the reservoir tops, it requires precision and make sure no shavings remain that could fall in to tank.

I seem also to have a challenge in finding a place and a mount for my old streetpilot GPS. The new ones I think are too small and the 26xx or 27xx series is just too expensive. MHO

I would be careful with drilling in the reservoir tops, it requires precision and make sure no shavings remain that could fall in to tank.

No big deal. Just remove the cover and do the drilling. The gasket under the cover is a complete cover itself so even if you don't seal the hole water can't get into the fluid. I drilled and tapped the cover then ran a 1/4 ss bolt through with some locktite. I then drilled and tapped the ball and screwed it down on the protruding bolt with a little bit of sealant under it. No big precise deal, I just laid the cover on the work bench and drilled the correct size hole using a cordless drill held as strait as I could. It's only as big a project as you want to make it wink.gif. Rather than doing mine in the center like Carl I moved it over toward the inside end to get it a away from the mirror as much as possible. It sure beats $80.00 for a cover with the tab thumbsup.gif

Archived