IGNORED

Throttle hand sleeping...

DanDE

Haven't had this trouble with my other bikes but my throttle hand goes to sleep (pins needles) shortly after starting out. I know it's not the bike, just how my hands fall on the grips but thought I'd see if anyone had any suggestions.

Thanks.

Dan

Bar backs to slightly change your riding posture and hand position can make a big difference. I don't know if any sources are offering them yet for the wet heads.

Haven't had this trouble with my other bikes but my throttle hand goes to sleep (pins needles) shortly after starting out.

Just be safe and ask your doctor. Ya just never know.

Short of that I too would consider bar backs. And I'd think about my posture on the bike. Are you going through some stress and holding on too tight? Do you need a throttle rocker?

LOL because I constantly pay attention to my posture! I have to. And having a bike that is kind to my spine & wrists is one of the reasons I'm trying the RT on.

The pins/needles is happening on any kind of road. On the highway I can use cruise control so crampbuster isn't likely to help elsewhere. Bar Backs like biometrics suggests might be an idea but the RTW's bar doesn't look like it'll take them.

Oh, and no stress here. Life is good!

Dan

Bar backs to slightly change your riding posture and hand position can make a big difference. I don't know if any sources are offering them yet for the wet heads.

I was at the RA Rally in Birmingham a couple weeks ago, and I saw a prototype unit being developed by Ilium. It was fugly, but it looked effective. By the time the new wethead RTs are repaired there probably will be a plethora of barbacks available!!!

What other bikes?

How much weight/pressure do you carry on the grips, RT, other bikes?

The tingling/numbness is casued by specific pressure points, vibration, ill fittting gloves, or some other pathology.

If it isn't happening on other bikes is there anything different

wrt gear/posture/etc. ?

Ok Selden - will give it a try. I see it comes in different sizes...got a recommendation?

Thanks!

Dan

Recommended is whatever feels good! I had a fairly wide, large hard rocker that I used on a ride to Alaska, but currently I use a soft "throttle boss".

1475.jpg

6251-1.jpg

I like the idea of the curved surface on this one, but I have no personal experience with it:

Throttle%20rocker.JPG

Tallman and GordonB have a simple and cheap suggestion. Try a different pair of gloves.

I suffered incredible numbness in my right thumb after less than 15 minutes until I changed to a new pair. Cured. :thumbsup:

I like the idea of the curved surface on this one, but I have no personal experience with it:

Throttle%20rocker.JPG

That is the one I use. It is very comfortable and functional. Easy to flip it out of the way if need be.

Throttle%20rocker.JPG

That is the one I use. It is very comfortable and functional. Easy to flip it out of the way if need be.

I use that one too, and like it. Very comfortable just as a hand rest, but I also find it great to control the throttle with my palm when I am not on the highway and using my Throttlemeister.

Throttle%20rocker.JPG

I use that one too, and like it. Very comfortable just as a hand rest, but I also find it great to control the throttle with my palm when I am not on the highway and using my Throttlemeister.

+1

Archived