IGNORED

R12RT seat

dave_albany

Hi all,

What is the advice from all of you that have chaged out your seats. I am wanting to fix this soft seat. The heating came on my stock seat as well.

Thanks in advance

dave - albany NY clap.gif

Check out sargents web site, they have a picture of their new seat for the r12rt. Looks nice, but I don't think their heat option will work through the handlebar controls.

Most of the long distance guys like Russell or Meyer seats although i have never used either. They are custom built to inseam and weight. I like Corbin, although it is not custom built. I have ridden the corbin 400 miles with no discomfort at all. Disadvantage to Corbin is its slipery so I slide around a bit. I also like Wunderlich seats because they make a nice comfortable low seat and Im short. Can be tough to get though as u have to go thru bmw of santa cruz as the only wunderlich dealer. I had a sargent seat on a vfr and found it almost as soft as the stock seat. Corbin and Wunderlich are very firm, which one would think is uncofortable, but the firmness provides long term support so its acutally better on longer rides. I had a Corbin on my gold wing as well and it was the most comfortable seat ive ever had

Sargent's recovered/refoamed my stock seat retaining the heating element and its working fine. It is definitely more firm than the stock.

Haven't seen their new seat yet but from the pic on their website it looks like it has wings like a Russell.

The bike in the pic is mine.

Corbin does NOT make a low seat for the RT. Only Wunderlich, and now Touratech make low seats for the RT. I do not have any experience with the Touratech seats.

Corbin does NOT make a low seat for the RT. Only Wunderlich, and now Touratech make low seats for the RT. I do not have any experience with the Touratech seats.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but the Wunderlich low seat is not heated. In other words, if one has a low heated seat, there are precious few aftermarket options other than custom seats (R. Mayer, etc.). Correct?

Archived