IGNORED

Delivery Charges?

PanMan_3rdDan

PanMan_3rdDan

Hi All,

First time post so please be gentle with me.

I have a 2010 R1200RT and I was thinking of selling it and getting a new 2014 RT, (& yes I am aware of the rear suspension issue, but as they say "stuff" happens, and while it does not worry me, for those affected you have my sympathies). My question is with regards to the quote (I am in the UK) shows a delivery charge of £320. If I collect the bike from the dealer, am I expected to pay it? Or can I insist that they deliver the bike to me?

Or is this some "other" delivery charge?

Many thanks for your answers,

Welcome to the forum PanMan. :thumbsup: The delivery charge is direct from BMW and it's for transport from the factory to the dealership I believe. They just pass the charge on to you.

Pat

PanMan_3rdDan

Many thanks Pat,

I suspected as much, I was just hoping that the delivery charge would have been included in the MRRP.

Cheers John

While it's not uncommon for a dealer to pass that cost along, it's also not uncommon for a dealer to make it part of the deal. I would suggest asking them to waive the fee. All they can say is no. If they do say no, just as a comparison, see if another dealer will waive the fee. In my case, freight and prep fee's where I purchased in Connecticut were not charged. However, every dealer in NJ charges freight/prep and won't waive it. Made for at least a $500 difference in the sale price. As always YMMV.

All that really matters is the out the door cost. They add on other fees too like document. When I reviewed the actual title/registration fee it too seemed inflated. My dealer gave me at no change a couple of accessories and nicely discounted others. Forget the fees shop around for the out the door cost; compare apples to apples in my option it’s the only way to know.

Jay

Archived