IGNORED

Case Protectors/Protection

ahllev

Can anyone tell me if there is anything available for sidecase protection on the 1200RT. Just ordered the Wunderlich engine guard from BMW of Santa Cruz and was hoping there might be a product for the sidecases.

Alan

Can anyone tell me if there is anything available for sidecase protection on the 1200RT. Just ordered the Wunderlich engine guard from BMW of Santa Cruz and was hoping there might be a product for the sidecases.

Alan

There are these things.

I think the pannier protectors on the santa cruz site are for a different case. Those don't look like the high gloss painted cases that came with my 1200....also don't look wide enough. I could call them, though. Thanks

I just installed these tonite on my red RT cases...they look great, match the inner black color perfectly...

BMW part #'s

Left side 1 71607693675

Right 1 71607693676

They were $83.00 Canadian each at my local dealer. 10 minutes to install.

I put the clear vinyl above on the top front of each case just to protect against the usual boot scuffs...

Jim

Get the original Beemer ones. I can attest they worked when I kind'a just laid it down when I was stopped. Not a mark on them, but I'm sure the cases would have been scratched. crazy.gif

I just installed these tonite on my red RT cases...they look great, match the inner black color perfectly...

BMW part #'s

Left side 1 71607693675

Right 1 71607693676

They were $83.00 Canadian each at my local dealer. 10 minutes to install.

I put the clear vinyl above on the top front of each case just to protect against the usual boot scuffs...

Jim

Jim, any pix? Which dealer did you get yours from?

Geraldh,

See the attachment for what they look like on Granite Gray. This is a promo picture but it's exactly what my bike looks like. I got the Case Protectors from my dealer. I have not "tested" them yet.

637771-R1200RTGG.thumb.jpg.63251ca87adcbe27164f5908615e709b.jpg

Gerald,

Unfortunatly I cannot find the purchasing paperwork on these but I am sure they are the same. I don't even know what I paid for them without the paperwork but I do know my dealer gives me 10% off on BMW accessories since I bought the bike from him. I even had him install them although I know I could have done it myself (I watched) because it was in for it's 600 mile service at the time. I also got him to give me the "missing" rear fender extension that day! thumbsup.gif

Hi Gerald, the picture that Roy posted on the grey bike are exactly the same as mine, except they look a lot better on my RED bike thumbsup.gif

I bought them from Moto Internationale in Montreal... got the usual 10% off...if you want I could buy another set to get you the discount...

Jim

Jim, sent you a PM but I just called Moto Sport here in Ottawa and was quoted $93.99 minus 10% discount. I've ordered them.

Hopefully they're not too difficult to put on. I have the panniers at home in my closet so will be able to put them on before I get my bike out of storage.

I haven't seen any in the flesh, but I'm led to believe the 1200ST optional pannier outer cases are 'natural' black plastic (same finish as on the R1150RT), which I prefer to the painted ones. The 1200ST panniers 'look' the same as the 1200RT - has anyone tried this swap yet?

Regards,

Graham

They are not too bad to install, just be sure to tape the 'templates' into position before you alow the sticky side of the protectors to touch the paint.

I got the first one a little 'off' on the first attempt but was able to 'pry' the protector back up...and am now assured they will never 'fall off' after testing the adhesive ability of the tape provided tongue.gif

Jim

Archived