IGNORED

Replacing handle bars on the RT

Pier

Am I the only person who think that the handle bars of the 1150RT are a kind of too forward for a touring bike. I find myself leining forward and putting some pressure on my arms. I'm thinking that if I get a set of barsback then the handles will be about 3/4 of an inch higher and I'm trying to avoid that. Does anyone know of any further back aftermarket bars that may be reasonably priced but keep the same height of the stck one?

Thank you,

Pier

Pier,

Can't help you much with that, I find the RT bars to far back for my simian reach. I'd like to find a solution that put them about 1-2 inches forward.

I do however have a set of bar backs I'd be willing to part with cheaply (came on the bike when I got it). PM me if you want'em

Matt

Joe Frickin' Friday
I'm thinking that if I get a set of barsback then the handles will be about 3/4 of an inch higher and I'm trying to avoid that.

Because of the slope of the surface that the bars mount to, barbacks moves the bars almost entirely to the rear, very little upward. I'd give them a shot if I were you; they worked for me.

By the way, could you please let know what is the brand of these barsback you're referring to?..and perhaps a good vendor where I can get them from?

Thanks,

Pier

Pier, I think the actual brand name is Barbaks. Look on cyclegadgets.com to see if they carry them. Matts_RT said he would sell his to you cheap so you can do your own comparison shopping.....(Thread hijack) As for your Sargent seat woes while your on cyclegadgets website check into the seat jacks they offer. They sure worked for scads of BMW riders here.

Quote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

...they worked for me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me 2.

Me 3.

Without them my arms were almost striaght and my elbows would lock. the 3/4" backwards makes a huge difference, now it seems like my elbows makes 90 degree angle. somehow moving them back must make me more comfortable and i lean a little more forward, I have no idea why confused.gif, but it is working for me.

When installing the "bar backs" you may need to cut all the wire ties loose just to get the little extra lenght you need on the wires, I did. make sure nothing binds lock to lock.

Does anyone know of any further back aftermarket bars that may be reasonably priced but keep the same height of the stck one?

FWIW Bob's bmw has RT handlebar adapter, so all handlebars work, though results would be a sight.

I can't open my mind and picture traditional tubular bars on oilhead RT.

Wooster w/barbacks

Archived