IGNORED

Z technik slip-on muffler-YIKES

BMWSTeve

I called my BMW shop about the Ztechnik slip-on that is on the website. $649+tax. Remus is only $550

They prefer to sell Remus. I prefer the shiny look, just not at that price. I was willing to go $450

or so, therefore-NO SALE. Staintune has yet to release their slip-on. The R12GS slip-on is about $480 so ST should be the same. I am not a big fan of the brushed stainless look but for the right tone it could be overlooked.

BMWSTeve, To truly have a performance difference on your ST, try to get the complete Remus system, both head pipes and can. The Remus head pipes have a larger diameter than stock and their can never needs replacing.

PM me if you need a good not overpriced source, I have a connection for ST goodies at a good price.

BMWSTeve, To truly have a performance difference on your ST, try to get the complete Remus system, both head pipes and can. The Remus head pipes have a larger diameter than stock and their can never needs replacing.

PM me if you need a good not overpriced source, I have a connection for ST goodies at a good price.

What impact on the fuel mapping does the full system have, or does the F/I compensate for the added flow with the O2 sensor circuit in place?

And feel free to email or PM me that source... smirk.gif

is the Remus full system available yet? I was told by my dealer that they only have the slip on muffler for sale and the full system won't be on the market for a few months.

is the Remus full system available yet? I was told by my dealer that they only have the slip on muffler for sale and the full system won't be on the market for a few months.

I've been running a full Remus on my ST since September.

Thanks, Dean! I am a comparative shopper. I will look, poke, prod, and compare till I am satisfied

with my purchase. That approach can waste a lot of time. With My R1100RS I spent 4 years with the stock exhaust I had cut open, removed the convertor and baffle. Which was better than stock but not

great, when I installed the Staintune, the tone quality was so nice, I instantly regretted not putting one on when the bike was new. BOS exhaust is about to come out with an exhaust and is Staintune. I would like all players to have their wares available before I purchase.

The first thing I will try is is pull the muffler and see how that sounds. Some ADVRider and the R1150R guys seem to like to run their bikes that way. I guess the cat muffles the sound pretty good.

My original plan is buy a used muffler and cut that for the sound. I am worried about sound and cosmetics not power, ther so little gain. I worry that the Remus exhaust material is not high enough

quality to polish up like some other pipes.

I am considering putting on Wilbers shocks first which is also very expensive. I will probably do both, just a little hard to pass by the finance dept.(wife)

...BOS exhaust is about to come out with an exhaust and is Staintune...

I contact BOS back in september. They said the RT/ST model would be available in October. Maybe they meant 2006.

I really would love to have a full system from Akrapovik. I love the sound on other bikes and the quality/material is pretty good. But they have no plans. I considered hacking a R12GS kit from them but gave that up pretty early on. I might just 'settle' for the Remus full.

Wunderlich has a branded dobeck (aka techlusion) fuel adjustment box out. Also looks like they have some cams and adjustable cam gears on the way.

I had my full remus installed at the 49er last may. San Jose BMW keeps them in stock.

23720348-M.jpg

My ST now has over 17,000 miles and yes the Motronic compensates for the increased flow.

Dean,

Is your REMUS exhaust polished or brushed finish?

As an aside Omex performance website shows pics and prices for their ST system also.

Steve, I have never looked that close, the can is aluminum and the pipes are stainless steel. I have had the opportunity to talk with the wheels at Remus and understand how they develop their pipes as a result, I would rate them #1.

Is there any real benefit in doing the full Remus system vs just the slip on muffler? I am interested in a bit more sound than stock and a better tone but the power of the stock system is fine. I also like the idea of leaving the stock headers on because it preserves the catalytic converter.

Dave, the head pipes are of a larger inside diameter on the Remus set up and the cat creates a lot of heat under the tranny and is heavy, I couldn't wait to remove my entire stock exhaust system including the cat.

Is there any real benefit in doing the full Remus system vs just the slip on muffler? I am interested in a bit more sound than stock and a better tone but the power of the stock system is fine. I also like the idea of leaving the stock headers on because it preserves the catalytic converter.

weightloss, heatloss, plus a little extra power

I would say these are benefits

Archived