IGNORED

Insecure Sat Nav mounting

ChrisvH

Has anybody had any problems with the Sat Nav falling out of the 2014 WC cradle? Mine is a BMW Nav 1V and have had a problem. Fell out a couple of times going over bumps which I managed to catch. Then lost it after going over a bump on the autobahn and it was trashed. No doubt whatsoever that the unit was properly mounted. Unfortunately it fell under the bars and jammed the steering which was fun. Could have been interesting!

Bummer! I did drop mine putting it in one time but did catch it. It was clearly operator error on my part. Will say, it was on my mind for a while after that.

Pat

Yep like Pat we live and learn. When installing the NAV V I make sure the bottom contact is right then I make sure the top goes all the way down, you may need a flash light to be sure.

Jay

You need to look between the top of the NAV unit and the bottom edge of the dash where it mounts. You can see the latch raise and lower as the unit is snapped into place. Make sure the latch is all the way down and fully engaged. You should be good to go.

A-Red Bill

On my bike the latch mechanism is a bit sticky. I have learned to check the release button each time I mount it. Sometimes it stays in.

Archived