IGNORED

New 2014 R1200RT owner

Kenbike

I will pick up my new 2014 R1200RT this Friday fron Sills BMW in Cleveland.

I almost pulled the trigger in 2012 but decided on a Yamaha Tenere instead. It is a good bike but I was ready for a street bike that is very comfortable. Did a test ride Sat and decide t get the RT and trade the Tenere

The Ebony RT is loaded but dies not include nav. or top case.

Really excited to get in some miles this weekend and report back

HPfisterer

Welcome. Good choice. Pleas post a pic when you get it. First BMW? You will love it. Get some good gear.

congrats. Ebony is the one I have. Dont let it suprise you it is not black. The color changes depending on the light. In dim light it is pretty dark. In moderate light it is metal flake burgundy. In bright light it looks a little like metalflake brown. I actually love it the best of all colors.

You can negotiate a few things. They probably won't wiggle on the price, but you should get them to throw in the 600 mile service for free, you should be able to get the Nav 5 for no more than 1/2 price ($400), and you should be able to get the top case with light kit for around 1/2 price.....There are a lot of prep fees you can probably negotiate down or minimize. I saw mine come out of the crate. Basically all the had to do was install the windshield and check things. I be they didn't spend 2 hours total prepping.

Good luck. Think you will really like it.

Hi Kenbike

Congrats.

GIVI top cases are good and much cheaper than the OEM. there is a downside of course. Not lined and nicely, not keyed the same, but really externally much smaller, internally similar size. MUCH easier to remove from the bike.

Whatever your choices, enjoy your ride.

GIVI top cases are good and much cheaper than the OEM. there is a downside

The mounting plate is unattractive when the case is removed also. But most likely, it's gonna stay mounted anyway. I noticed this pic on ADV from Hodor, great looking case for around four hundred bucks. V47 and E193 mounting plate. Great bike so far, enjoy! :thumbsup:

DSCN0020_zps89eefe95.jpg

Pat

Hi Tewks

+1 on the looks of the plate, however when the box is fitted (imho) I think it looks a whole lot better than the massive item that comes as stock.

I know opinions are divided about this and don't want to start anything, but it certainly isn't an unpleasant solution...especially if you get some bits colour matched.

I have the Deluxe case on my 14RT butt on my 02RT I had the Givi. It's a great case for the money! If you have another bike like I do a Wee-Strom I move the Givi between bikes. No need to duplicate stuff (tools, tire repair, etc.) and you don’t forget to move it between bikes.

I can't believe how much I paid for the deluxe case, butt I do like it a lot.

Jay

it certainly isn't an unpleasant solution..

Yes, I think we're saying the same thing. :thumbsup:

Pat

Jeff in VA

Great bike - the ebony color is beautiful. Bad news is you probably will not be able to pick it up this weekend. I just got a call from my dealer saying BMW has issued an order to stop riding and stop delivering new RTs with ESA. You should call your dealer for details.

It is obvious BMW is taking it very seriously and I have to assume they will move heaven and earth to get the problem fixed quickly.

Archived