IGNORED

Callisto Grey paint maintenance

Mike the Ghoul

Mike the Ghoul

Pretty sure I will be getting one within the next month. Just need the test ride.

I am leaning towards a Callisto Grey one, but am curious if it needs any special maintenance since it is flat. Is it truly a flat paint? Can it be waxed or polished without harming the finish?

Thanks in advance.

mike

The paint scratches very easy. I was riding and the plastic cover came off that covers the connections where the GPS goes and came over the tank right in my lap behind the center piece that comes down from the fuel cap and in an attempt to catch it because I didn't realize what it was till I stopped it scratched the paint very bad plus my belt buckle has added a few also. I am waiting on someone to come out with a cover for that part as I can see where a zipper or buckle could do some damage. My salesman said do not was or polish but I have tried polish and it does improve the finish....I assume the reason it scratches so easy there is no clearcoat to protect it.

I've got the Callisto Grey, and I wouldn't call it "flat" per se, as it does have a satin clear coat over the color coat so it wipes off nicely without the high gloss shine like typical clear over color. Absolutely love it.

Archived