IGNORED

Does anyone have R12RT handlebar risers?

Quint

Hi folks

I have just taken delivery of a new R1200RT after trading in an 02 Yamaha FZ1 and an 04 HD Road King (both nice bikes, but they just didn't fit me). The RT is far better, and handles like a dream (although the engine feels a little like a diesel and will take some getting used to - it has enough power, it just feels a bit "rattly" when taking off from a standing start).

Anyway... Suburban Machinery make a handlebar riser for the RT that raises the bars by 0.89". Has anyone bought these? Did they make any real improvments to riding posture (I have a neck injury dating back 18 years).

Thanks for your help!

dopeslap.gif

I dont' but thinking about it, I hear they give a little more comfort and give a clearer view in the mirrors. Ive been tossing around the thought of buying them.

Has anyone bought these? Did they make any real improvments to riding posture (I have a neck injury dating back 18 years).
I installed them and they work for me. It's not a dramatic change, but it lets me sit a little more upright without as much stretching across the shoulders.

Same as Ron_M said - a little more upright/comfy posture. They could not be any longer or taller as the brake hose is tight in full left lock.

Thanks Jon, Bill and Tcreek. That's helpful information. It's amazing innit? Doesn't matter what the manufacturers' advertising says, it's what other riders say that means anything.

I think it's worth gambling 69 bucks on a pair, so here goes...

Tcreek

I very nearly bought an LT - I came THIS close! In the end, I thought you can't take all the luggage off, and for me, even though I have big aspirations of touring, the reality is that most rides are short blasts of 1-2 hours. No doubt it was a very accomplished bike, though.

I bought a used set on this site the tightness in my shoulders is gone.
Good point. If you watch ebay, the risers show up from time to time. They are usually returns and are sold at steep discounts.

I made my own,1" rise,.80 setback. I think it makes the bike more comfortable. I got the suburban machinery peg lowering kit,I mounted them but have not ridden the bike yet.

Anyway... Suburban Machinery make a handlebar riser for the RT that raises the bars by 0.89". Has anyone bought these? Did they make any real improvments to riding posture (I have a neck injury dating back 18 years).

I installed the risers by Moto-techniques. Simple install, inexpensive and they help noticeably.

click here.

Where in Nevada are you located?

Thanks Dyvking. I saw this site before, but when I went to the Moto-Techniques website, there was no mention of the 1200RT - all earlier models. So obviously they fit.

If they are a one-size-fits-all, once installed, do they look like an afterthought, or do they look like they're meant to be there?

PS: I'm in Henderson (Las Vegas).

If they are a one-size-fits-all, once installed, do they look like an afterthought, or do they look like they're meant to be there?

I suppose they look more like an afterthought, here's photo of them on my '06 R12RT:

mtrisers.JPG

Walt

Thanks for going to the trouble of shooting the pic and downloading to the site. That's awesome! You know - if you're looking for those risers, you could say they look like an afterthought I guess. But once you've lived with them for a while, you'd never notice. And if they provide more comfort, what the hell?

Again, thank you much for the pic. clap.gif

Archived