IGNORED

Bar backs, floorboards, crash bars

Norm LeFevre

Norm LeFevre

I'd at the BMWRA rally in Birmingham, and one of the vendors is Ilium Works. They have an RT with a bar back system that's pretty slick. About what you'd have to do to get some adjustability.

The floorboards were kinda cool as well. They felt pretty comfortable.

The crash bars were black and pretty unobtrusive. The highway pegs that mount on them fold back and can be mounted fore or aft of the crash bars to accomodate different inseams.

If you've never been to Barber Motorsport Museum, you're missing something terrific.

For grins and giggles, if you visit, go to the Bass Pro Shop in Leeds. Check out the entry road to the store. About a mile of twists and turns; one lane; several dramatic elevation changes. Very cool.

Also, FWIW, I got the Denali riding lights installed before this trip. They are super! Very bright, and for those interested in esthetics, they're very slick. I also installed the hyper-lites with the modulator unit. It's kinda freaky, but you sure notice when I'm braking.

I'd at the BMWRA rally in Birmingham, and one of the vendors is Ilium Works. They have an RT with a bar back system that's pretty slick. About what you'd have to do to get some adjustability.

Did they give any indication when they would be available for the RTW.

Norm LeFevre

The set I saw is, apparently, the only one that's been made. They're going into production. I'll take a photo later today and post it when I get home, unless I can figure out how to get the photo uploaded from my iPad.

There's a course today to learn about the NavV unit. I need some work.

Norm LeFevre

I'm not joking. They look pretty well made, and felt comfortable. I didn't look that closely, but they might be a bit lower than the stock pegs.

When I sat on the bike (29" inseam, 5'7"), the setup was very comfortable.

I had the footboards on my '11 RT and really liked them. Unfortunately, I found myself scraping them more than I thought I would and wound up snapping one off in an aggressive corner. Not a problem with the design, I just don't think they were designed for aggressive riding. I didn't, but I would, buy them again.

Floorboards on a sport tourer....

Shaking my head in amazement!

Buy a car.

Or a HD

I agree with your statement, but at the same time not every rider uses the RT's for harder sportier riding and there are certainly enough riders out there that will use them for mainly cruising and slab riding.

There must be enough out there or otherwise the aftermarket business wouldn't make them.

Buy a car.

Or a HD

So it's not your cup of tea or mine, do you think he or anyone else cares? Just saying to each his own.

Cheers,

Buy a car.

Or a HD

So it's not your cup of tea or mine, do you think he or anyone else cares? Just saying to each his own.

Cheers,

+1 Agree I have never thought about Boards for me ... But taking the other side of this argument, Putting opinion and personal taste aside would there really be any negative impact on Sport touring. They do not appear to be lower than the standard peg and if they are it would only be very marginally so. The pluses would be a larger range of foot position for comfort on long touring days ... Just saying!

I got the Denali riding lights installed before this trip. They are super! Very bright, and for those interested in esthetics, they're very slick.

Maybe pictures and info in a new thread please?

Lighting is always of interest.

Thanks Falco.

Exactly folks, what works for some won't necessarily apply to all. Commentary such as that doesn't add to the debate. Really.

Uncle Beemer
Trying to figure out how to post photos.

It's pretty much a pain in the butt. You have to have a web hosting service to post pix here.

Archived