IGNORED

tank bags for 1200rt

comet

Looking for advice on a tank bag for my 05 12rt. Obviously the bmw bag clips right on and has a logo and all...does anyone have other styles or types that meet/exceed this one. Interested in sargents super bag. Concerned about handlebar clearance with it. all opinions welcome. $308 is not the issue , would like most user friendly etc. Owned the bike for three weeks and just rolled 2k miles. thanks for your help thumbsup.gif

I'm waiting for TourTech's bags to come out. They've got two sizes coming out for the RT. The BMW bag is nice, but it's too big for my liking.

I bought the BMW bag. Very well made, clip on very easy, as noted. The waterproofing is built in, including the map pouch, etc. BUT - I wish it was a lot more like the Wolfman Explorer. With the rib on the tank, I don't wish to use the Explorer. It's a much easier bag for me to use - pocket design is very handy. The BMW bag should have been pocketed, dang it! For $250................

All the best,

Mike

I'm waiting for TourTech's bags to come out. They've got two sizes coming out for the RT. The BMW bag is nice, but it's too big for my liking.

Do you have a link for the TourTech bags? Thanks!

Michael

Those arent the bags that integrate with the tank rack...

I have the BMW bag and while it holds a lot, its only one big pouch.I would be nice to a few smaller compartments to store things.. Everything just gets tossed in...

The ease of removing it is great however someone else can easily take it off as well.... It would be nice to have a locking feature...... I know its all plastic and could be ripped off anyway but at least make the crook put out some effort....

The ease of removing it is great however someone else can easily take it off as well.... It would be nice to have a locking feature...... I know its all plastic and could be ripped off anyway but at least make the crook put out some effort....

Crooks aren't noted for being especially carefull when removing items. The '02 VW Jetta used to come with a really-really nice stereo. Crooks learned the radio's came out easily by inserting a pry bar between the dash and radio and giving it a good punch. This shattered the dash and released the radio... So there was over $1K in damage, to steal a $500 radio, which would be sold for maybe $100 dopeslap.gif

Greg

Michael

Try this and navigate through the shop to BMW and to R1200RT

http://www.touratech.de/shop_uk/enter.html

John, thanks. Are these bags all for sale already? Stateside, does anyone know? And do they use the R1200RT's special rail fitting (this is likely mentioned in the Touratech description, but I confess having a bit of difficulty translating that description to the American...)

Michael

Try this and navigate through the shop to BMW and to R1200RT

http://www.touratech.de/shop_uk/enter.html

John, thanks. Are these bags all for sale already? Stateside, does anyone know? And do they use the R1200RT's special rail fitting (this is likely mentioned in the Touratech description, but I confess having a bit of difficulty translating that description to the American...)

The way I read it ... the base plate fits permanently to the standard rail and then you can zip either a full tank bag or a map pocket to the base plate.

It is more expensive, but seems much more flexible than the standard BMW item (that I have). The BMW bag is also difficult to carry around.

I called TourTech about a week ago and the bags should be available stateside in about a month or two. In addition, I would think that someone in the aftermarket will make a few bags of different sizes that will fit to the tank rail just as the BMW bag does.

Archived