IGNORED

R1200RTP Cruising the Cones

Eddiet204

R1200RTP pilot cruising through the course at the Fairfield PD (CA) Police Motor Competition. I had difficulty viewing this from my iPhone, but it comes up on my desktop just fine.

Here's what the course looks like from the cockpit.

motorman587

Awesome, loved competing with R1200RTP and not trying to hijack this post but to add to RTPs in police rodeos. Here is a tether ride, I am on the left, that I did many years ago. I miss it very bad enjoy.

JWMcDonald

Of course, that precision riding does have it's moments...

In the '80's I was a mechanic at Ang Rossi's Motorcycles in Santa Rosa, California. BMW, Kawasaki and Yamaha were our lines and we serviced the KZ1000P's of the Santa Rosa Police Department.

One Saturday morning when the Rose Parade was scheduled to start, we opened the doors to the two motor officers - one chagrined and one pissed.

They had pulled out of the SRPD lot in side-by-side formation - the one on the left thought they were going to go right, and the one on the right thought they were going left.

The pissed one was mostly upset about having his holstered weapon's custom grips ground down a bit in the resulting collision - heresay is that was almost a shootout in the street.

motorman587

I have seen that done many off time , why communication verbal and hand signals where very important. When I was the front left leader I would talk to the guy next to me ...I would re affirm with pointing the detection with my hand. Never assumed.....

Great ride! For us, whoever rides the hot side calls the movements and speed. We are at the point where communication is pretty minimal.

motorman587

My last post comment was for group riding, and I agree what you say about the tether ride. Eddiet204 u motors?

Archived