IGNORED

Tank Bag Option

OzarkR1200RT

OzarkR1200RT

Any one found a decent tank bag option for new RTWC?

BMW option is $369! Seems a little steep?!?

Thanks!

OzarkR1200RT

Like the attachment application.....wish it had a map pocket on top :(

I know use the GPS but it is always nice to have a paper map :)

I use the GIVI tank bag, mounts and dismounts quickly with no straps. Do a search for 2014 R1200RT Tank Bag, you'll find some different options.

Rock on Poulsbo...what's the name of that Tapas bar in your downtown? Good eats! Not finding the 2014 R1200RT listed. Do you have a model # for the Givi tank bag?

-Mike

Like the attachment application.....wish it had a map pocket on top :(

I know use the GPS but it is always nice to have a paper map :)

I have had the City Bag Connection for year and you can buy a map case for it and it's a good one. Twisted Throttle is the importer. I use it on my 02 RT and Wee-Strom should be perfect for the 14RT if the size is right for you.

Jay

Thanks for the heads up! Do you have the 20L or 25L? Any issues with handlebar clearance?

I have the XS307 15L bag. The only drawback is when the bars are in full left lock the horn switch just touches the bag, I honked the horn twice at 4am getting the bike out of the garage before learning to turn on the ignition after exiting the garage.

My purchase was through Revzilla.

Rock on Poulsbo...what's the name of that Tapas bar in your downtown? Good eats! Not finding the 2014 R1200RT listed. Do you have a model # for the Givi tank bag?

-Mike

Burrata Bistro, wife says yum but I haven't been.

The bag comes with the nylon ring, you need to order the BF11 insert that aligns with the holes of the gas tank. It's a very simple installation.

Cheers

Ditto the Bags-Connection from Twisted Throttle. I chose the small bag because I added the top box to the back for bigger items. A map pocket would be nice, but oh well….

IMG_0280.jpg

brucewinter

greetings,

For the '14 R1200RT, you will need the EVO Type 126 ring.

Unfortunately, we do not have any photos of it on the bike as of yet.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

-Michael

Michael

Customer Service Representative

Twisted Throttle LLC

570 Nooseneck Hill Rd

Exeter, RI 02822

401-284-4200 (phone)

401-223-6954 (fax)

info@twistedthrottle.com

http://www.twistedthrottle.com

Do you know tank ring you are using on '14 RT?

No part listed from givi :(

BF11. I was the Beta Tester for Revzilla. All you need is the tank bag and the BF11 ring.

Cheers,

Not sure what the nomenclature/number of the ring is but it came off my '05 R1200 RT & bolted right up. See here:

dddd-S.jpg

qqqq-S.jpg

Mike, please show a photo of the new tank bag when you get it. I was going to go with the BMW bag but am leaning the other way after the negative comments on 'straps'. I've never used a tank bag, but will be leaving my Unigo trailer in the garage (at least for now) and need the extra storage space. Any positive comments out there for the BMW bag?? When I purchased my 2004 RT the one option that I wish I'd sprung for was the tank bag. Just wondering if the latest BMW bags are as good as the old ones.

wga,

Fyi...

Mike

photo1-M.jpg

photo111-S.jpg

greetings,

For the '14 R1200RT, you will need the EVO Type 126 ring.

Unfortunately, we do not have any photos of it on the bike as of yet.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

-Michael

I Just talked to someone at Twisted Throttle and they were unable to give me a number for the correct attachment ring. They say SW Motech is still researching the new RT as while some have worked, others have had problems and they don't have a definite solution yet.

Bill

Michael

Customer Service Representative

Twisted Throttle LLC

570 Nooseneck Hill Rd

Exeter, RI 02822

401-284-4200 (phone)

401-223-6954 (fax)

info@twistedthrottle.com

http://www.twistedthrottle.com

OzarkR1200RT

Just order BF11 tank ring and 3 different bags from revzilla

15L

20L

25L

Will pick the best solution for me and post a picture to update

Just order BF11 tank ring and 3 different bags from revzilla

15L

20L

25L

Will pick the best solution for me and post a picture to update

The 15L will look like this.....

IMG_20140313_143648-M.jpg

OzarkR1200RT

Decided to go with 20L as it follows the curvature of the tank. Says it is made for the GSW but works just fine for RT. Plus, it gives plenty of handle bar clearance.

Really impressed with GIVI tank bag quality

• 2 weeks later...
works flawlessly used it on a recent trip. Sweet!

I love the "click" when the unit locks in, very sanitary install IMO.

I just installed a SW-MOTECH Bags-Connection Non-Electric QUICK-LOCK EVO City Tankbag. It fits the '14 RT like a glove! The bar controls just barely graze either the side of the bag when the bars are fully locked, but no buttons are engaged.

You would think that it was custom designed for the RT! I'm very pleased with it :)

I also got the map-holder which can be attached to the top of the bag (not in the pic).

20140607_140704-M.jpg

• 4 months later...

Resurrecting old thread... I apologize if this is frowned upon. Let me know if this is the case, and I'll refrain from doing so in the future.

I want to buy a tank bag, particularly one that has a map pocket. I think the Givi 20L bag will do the trick, but I wonder if it obscures the dash on the 2014 R1200RT?

Does anyone have a picture of the 20L Givi bag mounted on a 2014 RT? And do you find that it obstructs your view of the dash board? Does it touch the handlebars at full lock?

Just got a RTW last Friday and have many mixed emotions about this machine. Tank bag is a huge minus, along w/ flimsy panniers, inferior oil filter location compared to my 2007 and 2012 RTs, and just not being able to transfer anything from the 2012, like my Russell Day Long, Z technik cylinder guards, bar backs, etc, etc. to the new 14. Hope I didn't make a mistake, but my 12RT had 70,000 miles and it was either time to move on or ride it into oblivion. Dealer and I reached an agreement, so.... Too late now.

The 14 is really quick, however and seems to sit lower, but maybe that was just the Russell. New Russell on order, too.

Tank bag: I ordered the 19.5 liter from RKA. Should arrive Thurs. Nice people to work with and they answered an email on Sat.!! More later.

http://www.rka-luggage.com/A08%20BMW/R1200RT/R1200RT.html

Those RKA tank bags look nice too. The attaching straps look tedious to deal with compered to the Givi latching mechanism.

From the photos on the rka-luggage site, it seems that anything larger than the 10 liter is going to obscure the rider's view of the dash. Bummer.

I just got the Wunderlich Elephant bag delivered last night.

Hopefully I will get it on this weekend. Fresh out of the box I really like the design and the size.

Archived