IGNORED

Anyone going to the Pikes Peak Hill Climb Race next month?

JerryMather

JerryMather

This is something I've wanted to go to, especially since a Santa Barbara buddy of ours, Carlin Dunne has been tearing up the pavement over there for the last few years. We also have another local boy from the SoCal desert area along with his Monkey wining in the sidecar division. Both of these young men are obviously really good in piloting their different machine up that hill now that they paved it and they're really good guys. Nice to see our local talent in the lime light at this.

I know I know the old timers will say it's just not the same as it was when it was a dirt road and the speeds are out of control but it's still a big deal worldwide maybe even more so because it is paved. I just read this:

"Guy Martin The Isle of Man TT star will be riding on a custom turbocharged cafe racer, which with the added boost of nitrous, is said to put down near 500hp. Martin will have to best the time of Carlin Dunne, who holds the record of 9:52.819, which he set in 2012. "

Looks like fun but also a bit scary seeing those spectators lined up on the sides of the road ala Euro Rally style. Someone's going get hurt doing that. It's just a matter of time.

Pikes Peak in June

Danny caddyshack Noonan

I was surprised at the speeds they're getting watching last years race a few weeks ago. The super modified dirt car with knobbed tires and huge wings, as winners, are gone for sure.

Archived