IGNORED

Un Suite draw winner announcement & closing registration date!!!

Lester V

We have reached the 75 person registration and 35 room milestone to get the free suite.

The organizing committee put the 75 names into a bowl and pulled out the winning name for the free suite at the Un.

Drum roll please.....the winner is Registrant #22, Kenneth Webb aka blaisew from Vail Arizona. Congrats to Kenneth. :clap:

Notice - as mentioned in Al's earlier post on the Hotel and Raffle Information page - the price for our rooms goes up to $139 as of [b]May 17, 2014.[/b[/b]] Note that this is a $45 per night rate increase.

The Official registration closing date is: Sunday June 1, 2014 (5Pm PST)[/b]. Anybody who decides he/she wants to attend after this date is welcome to join us, but you will miss out on the reduced room rates, T-Shirt, name tag, wash-bucket and cleaning cloth.

Wow, I'm amazed at the lack of response to Lester's announcement. :lurk:

We did contact Ken to confirm details before we posted the announcement and his response was:

"Wow, first time I ever won anything to speak of! Thanks guys!" :clap::clap:

I thought that someone from the list would be sending congratulations to Ken and perhaps asking if he was going to celebrate his good fortune by supplying beverages to anybody who knocked on the door of the suite or something like that, but NOTHING. :S

Doesn't anybody want to put something out there??? :grin:

szurszewski

I sent him a PM with congratulations...and then an offer to "buy" the suite from him as anniversary present to my wife. :rofl:

Does that count?

I'm too upset to send anyone anything. I thought the album I sent as a bribe would ensure I would be the winner.

515jmm1dBFL.jpg

Matts_12GS
Wow, I'm amazed at the lack of response to Lester's announcement. :lurk:

We did contact Ken to confirm details before we posted the announcement and his response was:

"Wow, first time I ever won anything to speak of! Thanks guys!" :clap::clap:

I thought that someone from the list would be sending congratulations to Ken and perhaps asking if he was going to celebrate his good fortune by supplying beverages to anybody who knocked on the door of the suite or something like that, but NOTHING. :S

Doesn't anybody want to put something out there??? :grin:

I guess there are more folks not going than those who are going and they probably aren't reading the planning parts of the thread. Being chided about that, just seems tacky...

For some reason, I'm no longer logged in when I stop by, so I don't post.

Congrats, Ken, I hope you enjoy the suite while the rest of us languish in the low rent rooms.

;)

For some reason, I'm no longer logged in when I stop by, so I don't post.

Congrats, Ken, I hope you enjoy the suite while the rest of us languish in the low rent rooms.

;)

Okay. I'm automatically logged in on my desktop. I assume that the security settings on my laptop last night stopped the auto login.

I'm a happy camper. Ken and I were sharing a regular room so now I cancelled the room and we'll share the suite. :grin:

For those of you that were campaigning for a "recount", we have some good news - we are going to hold another raffle drawing for the suite. Unfortunately, the initial winner Ken (aka blaisew) won't be able to make it to Moscow for the Un and he has asked us to conduct another drawing. Following is part of the note that Ken sent me:

Go ahead and put it up for someone else. For me to take advantage of it wouldn't be right. I have a 5 week long cross country dirt ride that had to be moved up and going to the UN would give me ONE day to get ready for it. 'Just wouldn't work, and if anything went wrong on the way home from the Un....... John and I were going to ride up and back together but I don't think he is going either. His home is up for sale and it looks like that will likely be another conflict. The UN location this year is fantastic and I will hate to miss it. But, we will be wheeling from the Mexican border, thru AZ, UT and ID all the way to the Canadian border so we will be going thru there, just on knobbies. Everyone have a great time in Moscow!

Ken

We pointed out to Ken that the contest rules stated that the winner could trade/barter the suite and this is his decision. So, we will hold another drawing at 9:00 a.m. PDT on Wednesday, May 14 to pick another lucky winner.

Please note that we will include the names of all the registrants that are on the list at that time except the members of the organizing committee.

Ken, we will miss you in Moscow - thanks for your generosity turning back the suite.

Good Luck to Everybody!

We just held the re-raffle (is that a word?) and the lucky winner is Noel Yuen (username Noel) from Oklahoma. Congratulations to Noel (and Karen) - I'm sure they will enjoy the comfort of the suite.

While we have your attention, this is a reminder that our block of rooms with the discounted rate of $94.99 will be released this Saturday, May 17, so if you are still considering attending, you may want to make the decision soon. It should be fun and there are lots of good roads to choose from in the area.

CoarsegoldKid

Hey, I know Ken from Vail. Congratulations amigo.

Congratulations to Noel and Karen instead.

I haven't been able to talk to Noel or Karen to confirm details of his win.

If anyone has his phone number or e-mail address, please send it to me in a PM or e-mail albarc12@gmail.com. If you prefer, you can ask Noel to get in touch with me.

Thanks.

I haven't been able to talk to Noel or Karen to confirm details of his win.

If anyone has his phone number or e-mail address, please send it to me in a PM or e-mail albarc12@gmail.com. If you prefer, you can ask Noel to get in touch with me.

Thanks.

I haven't found a way to delete this post so PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST - NOEL HAS CONTACTED ME!!!

Archived