IGNORED

2014 Rt High Seat?

paRTy

Hello -

New member here - first post. Have been reading the forum for a while. Lot's of great info here.

Just ordered a Quartz Blue and am expecting delivery in June. Can't get here soon enough.

Was wondering if anyone has had a chance to ride the new bike with the High seat?

I'm 5'11", 175lbs, inseam 33/34". Thinking of getting the high seat for a bit more leg room when needed. The high seat in the low position is less than a 1/4" higher than standard seat in high position.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or info you may have.

I have the standard seat, I am 5'9" 30-31 inseam. In the high setting with the standard seat I cannot flat foot but I choose that setting for the legroom . I think you will be fine with the high seat.

Thanks for the reply Steve, appreciate it.

I was just getting ready to "re-think" my post and question for the group.

Could folks with the standard seat reply with their height and what position you have the seat in? High/Low?

Does anybody wish they had the higher seat with a 33/34 inseam?

Thanks.

I have a standard seat on high setting and it's just about right for my 32" inseam. Those with a taller inseam need to consider the tall seat.

33/34 go with the tall seat if it's a no cost option. If you gotta pay, spend the money on an aftermarket seat. And, welcome to the site! :thumbsup:

Pat

Standard seat, set to "high" position, 6'.1" tall.

Current setting isn't uncomfortable but neither is it preferred. Have ridden it on a 3 day run up to Arkansas & it was o.k.

Both knees have partial ("Uni")replacement so ordered "tall" seat hoping to decrease knee angle.

Still waiting on it.

For those wanting to know about the high seat option, I ordered one upon delivery of bike on the 22nd of February... kept checking every week on the status. Well, last Wednesday, was told that the estimated date in country was the next day, March 24th. So tomorrow will find out if it is coming this week to Touring Sport. Will report back if that is indeed the case.

I have a 34in inseam and the standard seat in the high position, it found me flat footed on the ground and with not nearly enough room during the ride. Years of soccer, skiing, and running may have kept me trim but my knees are complaining about it now. I knew this would be an issue with the new bike and simply planned on having a Rich's custom saddle made for me. I now have an extra tall seat with heat and a gel pad and am happy.

I am hoping some simple hiway pegs come out so I can stretch out once in a while. Not sure I want engine guards to make it happen. I don't like the looks of the standard seat in the high position. May opt for an after market seat raised up a bit, I am 6' with a 32" inseam. This seat is much better than the one on my 2005 RT.

Thanks for the reply Steve, appreciate it.

I was just getting ready to "re-think" my post and question for the group.

Could folks with the standard seat reply with their height and what position you have the seat in? High/Low?

Does anybody wish they had the higher seat with a 33/34 inseam?

Thanks.

I See you ordered the tall seat, wise choice. I am 5' 11" 33/34 as well. I ride with the standard seat in the High position,dealer will swap out for tha high seat. The problem with the standard seat in the High position it creates a gap between the rim of the seat and tupperware.No doubt a portal ,for water to enter under the seat, not cool

Archived