IGNORED

Valve Covers Torque Settings

Mike05

Does anyone have the torque settings for the 2014 R1200 RT?

I have to replace a valve cover (cylinder head cover) & I don't know the torque Nm required.

Not sure it's the same as the '13 GS (strongly suspect they are but don't know that).

Special ordered mine thru "BMW Motorcycles of North Dallas"

Ask for "Jon" in Parts; the guy is a miracle worker for getting oem stuff out of Germany. Several dealerships told me "not yet available" or "has to be special ordered w/3-4 month wait" and even told "cost extra because..." etc.

This young man said he'd get them for me & he just did exactly that!

Easy to deal with, fair pricing & timely delivery.

Obviously I like these guys.

Mike can you take some photos?

Love to see it for real on the bike. I imagine that there are quite a few (including me) who are waiting for their OEM covers.

Mike is talking about replacement OEM valve covers not valve cover crash protectors.

Doug

Exactly right; what Doug said.

Waiting for my head protectors too...so of course I managed to drop her today while practicing (I'm short!) a downhill walking speed left hand full lock turn.

So now I know where to get head covers, that I'm not alone waiting for my protectors, and that, well, I'm still short.

Ouch x2!!!

• 3 weeks later...

My BMW head protectors came in last week. I had dealer ship them to a friend who put them on for me today. They are fairly flush with heads and relatively easy to install. Will email a picture to anyone if they want to post it here.

I got mine on too. The only trick is you need to exchange the included washer; it's thinner to make up the difference of the protector (you use the original screw). It really is a very easy and quick install. They look good and offer good protection. They have plastic in the right spot, should you have an event it won’t show (well maybe).

Jay

Archived