IGNORED

Akrapovic exhaust can for 2014's

Mr Breeze

Has anyone got an Akrapovic exhaust can on their Wethead yet? I ordered my BMW version - like this: http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=152843

a month ago (was able to use the 20% off BMW accessories promo + and extra 10% from my dealer) and my parts guy tells me he hopes to see it in a week or so. I know Revzilla had the Akrapovic one instock http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/akrapovic-slip-on-exhaust-bmw-r1200rt-2014 so I wanted to see if anyone here had installed one and what their impressions were.

Easy install. I removed the Akra sticker, just didn't like it. About 8 lbs lighter. I noticed a seat of the pants increase in HP and seems to pull better in the midrange. It is a bit louder with the baffle in, though not offensive. My 30 year old son really likes it and he has a Yamaha R6 with no baffles! Got about a thousand miles on it and the color is starting to darken a bit. Expensive? yes

Jaqen H'ghar

grumpyrt,

"Got about a thousand miles on it and the color is starting to darken a bit."

You do mean the header pipes are starting to darken, right?

Not the Akra can itself.

Jaqen H'ghar

Easy install. I removed the Akra sticker, just didn't like it. About 8 lbs lighter. I noticed a seat of the pants increase in HP and seems to pull better in the midrange. It is a bit louder with the baffle in, though not offensive. My 30 year old son really likes it and he has a Yamaha R6 with no baffles! Got about a thousand miles on it and the color is starting to darken a bit. Expensive? yes

Thanks for the first hand perspective.

Have you tried it with the baffle out?

I had a Ducati Monster with a Leo Vince silencer that I ran without the baffle and it sounded great (appropriate for the bike) but doubt I'd want to run all day like I do with the RT without the baffle.

I added the Akrapovic a couple of hundred miles ago and am happy with the looks and performance of this pipe on the 2014 1200 RT. My first impression, after about 20 miles, was that this exhaust sounded no different than the stock (which is already a bit louder than my older 04 RT). However, after 50 miles the packing loosened up a bit and it produces a richer sound even when baffled. Removing the baffle is easy and only takes a couple minutes. I haven't owned a Ducati, but I also like the their unique sound and the unbaffled Akrapovic seems to be very similar. When cruising at constant throttle the sound level is close to the stock pipe, but under acceleration it's a different story and you will definitely notice the difference in the unbaffled vs. baffled vs. stock. Not an HD straight pipe throttle wrenching racket, but a great sport performance note. Since you've owned a Ducati, I would like to read your comments once you've tried the Akrapovic for a while. Enjoy.

I added the Akrapovic a couple of hundred miles ago and am happy with the looks and performance of this pipe on the 2014 1200 RT. My first impression, after about 20 miles, was that this exhaust sounded no different than the stock (which is already a bit louder than my older 04 RT). However, after 50 miles the packing loosened up a bit and it produces a richer sound even when baffled. Removing the baffle is easy and only takes a couple minutes. I haven't owned a Ducati, but I also like the their unique sound and the unbaffled Akrapovic seems to be very similar. When cruising at constant throttle the sound level is close to the stock pipe, but under acceleration it's a different story and you will definitely notice the difference in the unbaffled vs. baffled vs. stock. Not an HD straight pipe throttle wrenching racket, but a great sport performance note. Since you've owned a Ducati, I would like to read your comments once you've tried the Akrapovic for a while. Enjoy.

Awesome! Forgive the pun, but it sounds like it will be a nice addition. I'm looking forward to it arriving and I'll post back my impressions after I've had some time with it. Thanks for the post!

Archived