IGNORED

K12GT Piaa light install......

RedHawK12GT

If anybody can help out with my install of Piaa 1100X lights (wiring, etc...) utilizing a "Autoswitch" from Cycle Gadgets, please PM me. Thanks.

Are we having problems? I'm thinking you might want to get this bike back together in case the weather turns back to being nice! And I was gonna ask you to help me with my install dopeslap.gif

Did I tell you about the great ride I took....... grin.gif

Hi. And welcome to the board.

It's great to have you aboard, and to be able to share things with you.

No offence intended, but when I saw the request for only a PM I felt left out.

I know we'd respect your wishes for a PM. However, instaling an autoswitch on a K-RS/K-GT is not so common. As well, installing lighting systems with relays involved is a task that only some of us have done, and has lots of general applicability. Any list out of the process, or tips about it, or answers to particular questions that pop up might benefit all of us.

Best wishes, and good luck with your installation.

It's great to have you aboard, and to be able to share things with you.

I know we'd respect your wishes for a PM. .....

Jeff,

Come out of the closet - we are a very open group here, we discuss things openly, I know you're shy and what else did you tell me you were - ooops - better stop here grin.gif

Jeff and I met up and rode together - we're practically neighbors, so I feel like my busting on him is allowed now that we've met, it's all good right Jeff? thumbsup.gif

It is really not that difficult and I have done this myself. The first step is to read the instructions that came with the lights and the autoswitch. Install the lights per the instructions including the wiriing.

Now comes the difficult part which is installing the autoswitch. I found that it seems confusing and assuming you purchased the kit from cyclegadgets just give them a call and they will help you though the confusion.

The two most difficult parts are deciding on where to find switched AC for the sensor portion of the circuit, I tapped into the parking light. The second difficult part is tapping into the signal light cancel circuit which I did in the front wiring loom since I did not want to remove the gas tank.

Hope this helps

Howard ooo.gif

I know we'd respect your wishes for a PM. However, instaling an autoswitch on a K-RS/K-GT is not so common. As well, installing lighting systems with relays involved is a task that only some of us have done, and has lots of general applicability. Any list out of the process, or tips about it, or answers to particular questions that pop up might benefit all of us.

I meant not to offend anyone either. The reason I did say a PM was because I have posted several things on similar sites and was getting annoying to the other members, which I do not want to do. I think it was taken as "repetitive" questions, and I wish not to be a pain in the arse. From all the help from my friends at "all" the sites this mission (the lights) will be completed. Thanks. RedHawk.

Jeff,

Come out of the closet - we are a very open group here, we discuss things openly, I know you're shy and what else did you tell me you were - ooops - better stop here grin.gif

Jeff and I met up and rode together - we're practically neighbors, so I feel like my busting on him is allowed now that we've met, it's all good right Jeff? thumbsup.gif

Just for picking on me.......your gonna be eating my dust this summer. bncry.gifcrazy.gif

So, does that mean that you've got your bike back together and it's uuummmmm running?

By the way, how ya feeling big guy? You sounded awful at Max's.

So, does that mean that you've got your bike back together and it's uuummmmm running?

By the way, how ya feeling big guy? You sounded awful at Max's.

That's NOT FUNNY !! dopeslap.gif

Feeling better, met a big Norwegian Woman..... ,

she had a secret recipe to make me feel better. tongue.gif

Archived