IGNORED

Cannot hookup Itouch

bmwdavid

Happy Easter. I read the manual and I'm still confused. I would like to hook up my itouch to the bike thru Bluetooth or with usb/3.5mm cable. I connected a usb and 3.5mm and went to source button for usb and it says no usb and won't let me choose usb.

I tried to pair the device but it only says helmet1 or 2. Any help would be appreciated.

Nav V Do I pair phone to nav then listen thru nav? Do not have sena or helmet set up yet. Just want to listen to iphone over bikes audio.

Nav V Do I pair phone to nav then listen thru nav? Do not have sena or helmet set up yet. Just want to listen to iphone over bikes audio.

If you just want to listen to ipod/iphone over the bike speakers (as I am doing) you just plug the 30 pin connector straight into the 30 pin plug. I am assuming you bought the BMW adapter cable when you bought the bike? It costs AU$130 here.

You cannot just plug the usb and 3.5mm plug in as it needs a special adapter.

You can also just copy your mp3's onto a USB stick and plug that straight in to play your music through the bikes speakers, I have done this as well. The only proviso is playlists have to be labeled BMW1, BMW2, etc..

Hope this helps,

Teddy

Nav V Do I pair phone to nav then listen thru nav?

Thinking that's not possible but I said this before, I'm fumbling through this BT stuff myself. Phone to Nav in my case is just for taking and making calls. Answer incoming calls via the touch screen on Nav plus access to my phone book the same way.

Think Teddy has your answer. :thumbsup:

Pat

To simply play music off your Apple device just use a $5 dollar 3.5 mm cable to the bike's cable and scroll thru the audio "mode" to AUX rather than USB and play your music, heck with paying some crazy price for a BMW cable.

Thanks. Tried it and it works. It doesn't display song tracks on the bikes display though. Would be nice to see what I am listening to and be able to change tracks from the bikes controls.

Archived