IGNORED

Sirius Sattelite Subscription

bmwdavid

From what I have read, some dealers are confused about the 12 months and Sirius isn't much help. My dealer told me that it was for 1 year, so no confusion there. Also I was told that I could postpone for a while, but not to wait too long (like 12 months) to have it enabled.

I was told the subscription was for one year, which I believe is 12 months. I called Sirius and got the account activated, and the representative I spoke to confirmed that it was for one year. About a half hour later I got an email from Sirius confirming the account activation, and the email said it was for three months! I also got a link to a "customer satisfaction survey"; I let them know I was not satisfied.

When I called activate my radio I was told to go screw myself. There is no free trial and they would do nothing about it. The customer service was very bad. I pointed out to them that I was a customer for more than 10 years. None of it mattered to them. I got the same satisfaction survey. I let them know what I thought of their customer service. The last question on the survey was can we contact you. I'm still waiting. They suck.

When I activated my subscription I was told by the Sirius rep it was for 12 months. However, I just received a statement from Sirius stating it will end next month. So, I poked around online and found these two pages:

http://siriusbuzz.com/bmw-customers-score-one-year-of-free-siriusxm-satellite-service.php

http://investor.siriusxm.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=757581

I will call today and attempt to resolve this issue.

Thought someone said 1 year. Why would it be a pain? Is it not cut and dry with the dealer?

If you read the posts above you know it can be a pain. The dealer has nothing to do with it you need to contact Sirius. Use the phone number shown in the menu on the bike.

I had the issue of only being offered 2 months so I said no thanks and waited to talk with my dealer at the time of my 600 mile service. The dealer stood with me while I made the phone call, I was told I would have 12 months free, but the confirming email was for 2 or 3 sorry I don’t recall. I sent the confirming email to my dealer seeking help. I personally call Sirius back and worked out the issue. It seems Sirius and BMW don’t get on the same page but after an audit they find the problem and fix it, you should have 12 months free trial.

My dealer did get back to me, he spoke with his BMW rep, and the rep confirmed people are having problems due to too many promotional programs by BMW. I was glad to see my dealer spoke with BMW and was hoping by now it would be worked out, this all took place 3/14/14 a month ago.

I’d keep on Sirius until they get it right. I’ve been dealing with them for 8 years or so and hate each time I need to work out a deal. I have two other active radio’s (besides the new RT) with them I could add another but I hate to give them another dime. It is just the wife and I. They got this thing rigged, pay by appliance not by user.

Jay

Ok, I just got off the phone with a lady who actually spoke decent English. It took about ten minutes for her to "escalate" my issue and extend my trial to 12 months. Surprisingly, there wasn't even any arguing involved. I did point her to the links I previously posted.

I dialed the 866-409-9296 number.

BarryBeemer

What a pain! The first guy knew nothing of the free trial and didn't show anything under the VIN. Back and forth with a supervisor finally revealed there was a free trial....2 months. I insisted on the 12 months that I had been told. Finally, I was done.

The confirmation email showed up and, of course, it only said 2 months. Called "customer care" and Kim (in an island nation in the West Pacific) researched it and said that a request had already been put in for the 12 month plan and I should be receiving a followup confirmation email in 7-10 days confirming the 12 months. Arghhhh!

I hear ya Barry.

Same issue here. Dealer set it up, was suppose to be for 1 year. Got an email confirmation from Sirius that said it was 2 months. My dealer rep spent 45 minutes with their "customer care" to get it resolved. I've dealt with Sirius for the past 6 years on 3 different cars and 2 bikes - they are a pain in the arse to deal with. Arghhhh is right.

Same here. BMW says one year. Sirius said 3 months.

Went round and round with Sirius. Finally handed it off to the dealer who did his thing with BMW and they got it fixed over the weekend.

Evidently BMW/Sirius weren't on the same page but evidently there have been enough "problems" coming into BMW that they finally got it fixed.

New bike = one year.

AD

Archived