IGNORED

I have gone and done it now.

swmckinley

Yup I picked up my 2014 RT on Tuesday. I have owned in the past the 1100, 1150 and 1200 RT's, not to mention 3 K bikes and 3 different iterations of the GSA's over the last 20 years.

This version of the RT is simply the best bike that BMW has ever produced, period. Just saying.

This version of the RT is simply the best bike that BMW has ever produced, period. Just saying.

Pretty smitten over this new RT myself! Just a very fun & easy bike to ride! Congrats!! :thumbsup:

Pat

I'll agree with that. My topcase with brake light arrives next Wednesday, a tank bag is the next must have. And the list goes on. New bike syndrome.

I'm such an amateur compared to you guys. :-). But I must say I love my new '14 RT!

Things on my to-get list:

Mondomoto mm10 lights (still have yet to figure out how they could mount on the new RT forks or wheel fairing. I don't want to drill any new holes anywhere.

Hyperlite brake lights

Centech Fuse box

Nav v ($$)

Sena smh10 system (possibly. I'm just using the loudspeakers now or listening to nothing at all. Still trying to concentrate on learning/improving big bike riding. Have about 1700-1800 miles on the bike now but gave so much more skills to develop).

Maybe a tank bag, but i have not even begun to look at these yet.

Some nice looking engine guards. Perhaps when ztechnik comes out with with some.

Lights are my first priority

Tom

Not to be snarky or whatever, but BMW is a world-class company and it shouldn't be a surprise their latest is their best ever.

Maybe especially so given this is the world's police bike.

Not to be snarky or whatever, but BMW is a world-class company and it shouldn't be a surprise their latest is their best ever.

Except in some parts of Australia now the R1200RTP were ditched in favour of Yamaha FJR1300's and some Harley Davidson's, crazy eh but I think it had more to do with cost and the slow parts supply from BMW Aus.

Teddy

Except in some parts of Australia now the R1200RTP were ditched in favour of Yamaha FJR1300's and some Harley Davidson's, crazy eh but I think it had more to do with cost and the slow parts supply from BMW Aus.

Teddy

Let's see if that changes with the wet clutch.

Jay

Morning Teddy :)

We have two main dealers in my area.

One represents Yamaha/Triumph and some other brand

The other has BMW/Honda/Husky

You will see BMW bikes at the Yamaha/Triumph dealer for sale, due to trade in, while at the same time I see Yamahas and Triumphs at the BMW dealer for sale due to trade in.

It seems to be quite even, at least around here.

I know due to us having Yamaha/BMW and now a little Honda in our stable.

Looks more like local preferences rather then manufacturer preferences.

Archived