IGNORED

Radio, is the RTW's different/better than the one on the camheads?

fourteenfour

fourteenfour

For any who have had both, is the radio on the new RT worth it? The last time I had a radio on a RT was with my 96 and while back then it was acceptable for its time I haven't really been impressed with BMW's attempts.

OzarkR1200RT

Hard to hear audio over speakers at speed. I would highly recommend Sena SMH10 of taping into under seat Alpine out lines to plug ear buds into. See rocketmoto for options. Adam is an expert

For any who have had both, is the radio on the new RT worth it? The last time I had a radio on a RT was with my 96 and while back then it was acceptable for its time I haven't really been impressed with BMW's attempts.

I think today after spending around 200kms riding with the my new wethead the new radio is an improvement over the old one, certainly seems to have better clarity and more punch at higher speeds. My camhead radio used to distort fairly early, the new wethead radio for me was distortion free even at max volume.

Note I wear earplugs (earmold) when I ride so don't know if that changes the perception of things or not.

I will be investigating BT options though mainly for pillion communication though..

Teddy

Archived