IGNORED

Front End Feedback on New 2014RT

Camhead

Moto-scribe David Booth just posted this story ... http://driving.ca/bmw/r1200/reviews/road-test/road-test-2014-bmw-r1200-rt/ ... he hit a rock and blew out both tires on a 2014 R1200RT at 90 and landed shiny side up without a scratch. Quite a story.

In the article he also stated that the Telelever front end of the R1200RT had "plenty of feedback" and had been "refined." Can any of you early buyers of the 2014RT who have owned previous late year versions of the RT (i.e., cam or hex head) confirm that feedback from the front end of the bike is improved?

Can't wait to get a test ride and see for myself, but none to be had right now...thanks

Moto-scribe David Booth just posted this story ... http://driving.ca/bmw/r1200/reviews/road-test/road-test-2014-bmw-r1200-rt/ ... he hit a rock and blew out both tires on a 2014 R1200RT at 90 and landed shiny side up without a scratch. Quite a story.

In the article he also stated that the Telelever front end of the R1200RT had "plenty of feedback" and had been "refined." Can any of you early buyers of the 2014RT who have owned previous late year versions of the RT (i.e., cam or hex head) confirm that feedback from the front end of the bike is improved?

Can't wait to get a test ride and see for myself, but none to be had right now...thanks

Hoooooly crap, cannot believe he rode that out. Seems like the steering damper becomes critical in a situation like that.

NB

I would say yes. I had a set of custom Online on my 06 RT that were very good, so far the road sense of this new bike has been crisper, more agile. In short a more athletic feeling bike.

Yikes! I have a friend that had a similar encounter with a large piece of lumber that came off a truck (OK, a lorry) at speed on the M1. His was on a K75, and his front rim looked much like that in the above article's photo. He told me basically the same thing: when the wood came down, he had no way to avoid it, so he just put some weight on his pegs and held on for dear life.

I would say yes. I had a set of custom Online on my 06 RT that were very good, so far the road sense of this new bike has been crisper, more agile. In short a more athletic feeling bike.

Thanks, seems like the really reworked the suspension and Telelever. Hope to get a test ride soon.

Archived