IGNORED

2014 R1200RT

bmwdavid

I was at Max BMW today and there was a 2013 next to the 2014. I sat on the 2013 and the suspension bounced up and down very easily. When I sat on the 2014 the suspension wouldn't bounce at all. Seemed odd to me. I still can't choose a color for the 2014.

Pick the one that least offends you. It's truly a beautiful bike to ride and you don't see a whole lot of color when you're doing that. ;)

Pat

The suspension on the 2014 electronically locks when you turn the key off. Figured that out by accident. You need to try it with the key on. Its pretty awesome thus far for me.

Suspension is better than previous models - it seems to have a greater range of adjustability.

Why not ride both bikes - see which one you prefer. My money is on the 2014!

That explains the feel of the 2014 with the bike off. I've owned a 2009 1200RT and know what it feels like. Hoping to get a test ride on the new 2014 while waiting for Max to locate me a 2014.

The suspension on the 2014 electronically locks when you turn the key off.

Must be a result of the dynamic ESA - damping valves closing when the power is off. I wonder if that puts any more stress on the suspension while trailering.

I think what Larry was referring to was the 'locking of the suspension' without the key being on. It's actually a strange phenomenon. :) What could be the reason or benefit of that?

Pat

Archived