IGNORED

49 liter top box

bmwdavid

Could the last generation 49 liter top box be mounted to the 2014 1200RT? I can't believe I would have to spend another $1500 for a top box.

It's not the same top case as the $850 one but that one will fit and attach. The $1557 top case has electic, you can add a brake light for another $237, it does come with some nice gas shocks, led light, carpet and works with the central locking system.

I hate the price but love the case. Just come home from my first trip, 3 days of sMiles.

Jay

• 2 weeks later...
BarryBeemer

I've got the electrified topcase as well as the add on brake light. A word to the wise...or not so wise. There is a "dome light" on the interior of the case. There is no visible manual on/off switch for this light, but it does come on when you open the lid....and stays on. It's an LED light so doesn't draw much but could run your battery down if the lid is left open for days. There is a fix! The switch for the light is integral with the locking handle. So if you want to leave the lid open (camping or just to air it out) simply close the locking handle and you will have an open lid with the dome light extinguished!

I've got the electrified topcase as well as the add on brake light. A word to the wise...or not so wise. There is a "dome light" on the interior of the case. There is no visible manual on/off switch for this light, but it does come on when you open the lid....and stays on. It's an LED light so doesn't draw much but could run your battery down if the lid is left open for days. There is a fix! The switch for the light is integral with the locking handle. So if you want to leave the lid open (camping or just to air it out) simply close the locking handle and you will have an open lid with the dome light extinguished!

Thanks for the info!

I will bear this in mind when I get my 2014 RT, I quite often leave the case open for airing after carrying stuff, guess in a darkish garage (seeing as we are well into autumn as well) I would notice this, nevertheless it is one more thing to watch.

Cheers Teddy

No ride again today and still sitting on only 349km total distance traveled.

Had to go and pick up a little Honda CRF110F for my boy who is turning 12, plus all the riding gear.

Anyway, he is happy and 15 year old daughter was very unhappy, until she was told that she could ride it too.

No ride again today and still sitting on only 349km total distance traveled.

Had to go and pick up a little Honda CRF110F for my boy who is turning 12, plus all the riding gear.

Anyway, he is happy and 15 year old daughter was very unhappy, until she was told that she could ride it too.

That's sounds too few kilometres considering the time you have owned your machine. I get delivery on Monday (woohoo) and the weather looks like fining up for a few days. Work will get in the way as it always does but will try and put a few kms in over Easter.

The only accessory in stock is the Top Box so I will have to wait for the rest of the bits....

Not too fussed on the lack of guards or the lack of GPS. It won't stop me riding or enjoying the new beast when she turns up.

Lets hope they share the little Honda CRF110F sounds like a motocross bike? My Dad let me have a go on his moped when I was 14 and that started me riding...

Cheers Teddy

Thanks for sharing that's a good one.

Jay

Archived