IGNORED

2013 1200RT

bmwdavid

Does anyone know what it takes to add heated seats to a bike that is not stock with them? I am looking at a 2013 new bike at the dealer and wondering what it would take if I asked them to add the heated seats to the deal.

If you like the stock seats, then going that route makes perfect sense. However, if you have intentions of going to an aftermarket seat, almost all of them have their own heating elements/switch combinations and would require anything being added by the dealer.

I hate the stock seats on bmw's and will be buying an aftermarket seat. I thought even with an aftermarket seat I would need the handlebar controls to operate the heated seats. I was thinking of going with a Mayer or seth laam seat.

I have a heated Corbin that I really enjoy. They can be ordered with OEM wiring connections or with a separate side switch for bikes with no OEM seat switch gear.

What I originally asked was if anyone knows what is involved with the dealer adding heated seat option to a new leftover 2013 200RT. Is the bike prewired for it from the handlebar to the seat and they just have to change out the seats and handlebar hardware or do they need to add wiring?

Richard Prince

I replaced the lo-lo seat on my 2013 90jahre with a comfort seat-heated. I needed two short cords to connect the seat to the wiring, cost about $35 each. Then I replaced the right hand control with one with the heated seat button, and that was about $110. The last thing to do is have your dealer activate the feature @ $50. So, Besides the cost of the seat, which was nearly $700, well you can do the math; about a grand.

Richard Prince

Yes, they are two distinct items. I don't recall the part #s but your parts person should be able to provide the required parts.

Archived