IGNORED

Which engine bars (RT)?

paulvt1

Seeing as the ddamage to the RT has been evaluated at about £1700 (UK), i was wondering if anyone has fitted engine bars to prevent such damage.

The Touratech ones look fairly robust.

Any opinions?

Seeing as the ddamage to the RT has been evaluated at about £1700 (UK), i was wondering if anyone has fitted engine bars to prevent such damage.

The Touratech ones look fairly robust.

Any opinions?

Hi,

My buddy wanted the Touratech bars, but when he called them early last week, they were VERY VAGUE on when they could deliver them. When pressed for an answer he said the Touratech bars "should be available" in 3-6 months. Seems they are currently what we call in the software industry "Vaporware", or not yet available, but they plan to sell them at some point. But they tried really hard to get his credit card number for a pre-order!

My friend ended up ordering Wunderlich bars for his through BMW Santa Cruz.

Regarding the Wunderlich bars, I would love to know (1.)if they can be installed w/o modifications; (2.)do they interfere with normal maintenance; and (3.) would they be sturdy enough to mount footrests?

first, I have ordered the Wunderlich bars and they are on backorder as well, hope not for months as they indicated a week or so. I have been told no mods are necessary and all maintenance is doable with htem on. check them out on the Santa Cruz website.

Regarding the Wunderlich bars, I would love to know (1.)if they can be installed w/o modifications; (2.)do they interfere with normal maintenance; and (3.) would they be sturdy enough to mount footrests?

1) Yes

2) No

3) Yes

I bought a set from SCBMW at the CW M/C show and they are slick. It makes taking the plastic off a little more complicated because you have to thread the plastic through the crash bars. I am happy with the Wunderlichs,

Paul in CA

'05 R1200RT

'98 XR400R

Other vintage

Installed Wunderlich bars from Santa Cruz BMW.Fairly easy install. Look great. Also put BMW luggage protectors on. No drops yet.

What did you put on for luggage protectors and where did you get them? Thanks

Got them from BMW of Santa Cruz, same place that carries the Wunderlich products. These are a BMW product though. $69 each. You stick them on with the provided heavy duty stick tape.

Archived