IGNORED

Anyone going to MotoGP in Austin?

Matts_12GS

I ran into a scheduling conflict so I won't be staying that long after all on this next trip. dammit...

F1 in October? I'll be settled in by then.

I will be there with 4 friends. They are riding in from Atlanta and I am riding up from San Antonio to Shreveport to meet them, then down to Austin. 4 days total. General pass and staying at a motel 6

Yeeha! Stephen

"Be sure to check out Salt Lick BBQ in Driftwood"

The Salt Lick location on the East side of Round Rock will be easier to get to this weekend. It's at the North end of the 80mph tollway! (We're staying at the La Quinta in Round Rock)

Miss Vicki and I will be there. Also General Admission.

http://circuitoftheamericas.com/visit/venue-maps

We moved around a lot last year. Started in turn 2, Spent some time in front of the big screen near turn 4, a lot of time on the hill near 9 and 10. I liked the transition from 8/9 to 10, but Vicki liked the semi-hairpin of 11.

We watched Sunday morning warm-up from the fence on the back straight about turn 12 and it was huge fun watching them getting slowed down from 200+ to the first gear left-hander that is 12!

We'll try to make this Friday evening. http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/the-handbuilt-motorcycle-show-coming-to-downtown-austin-during-motogp-weekend/

Hasta boys!

I'll be bach'ing it while the GF is hanging with her friends in from out of town. We're not too far from Round Rock, maybe we can catch up during the day friday?

• 2 weeks later...
JerryMather

Austin weather forecast for Sunday race day is: 78 degrees with a 90% chance of rain throughout the day & evening hours. This could shape up to be an interesting race.

I'll be in SoCal watching my buddies get wet via MotoGP.com.

Austin weather forecast for Sunday race day is: 78 degrees with a 90% chance of rain throughout the day & evening hours. This could shape up to be an interesting race.

I'll be in SoCal watching my buddies get wet via MotoGP.com.

Note to self. pack rain gear

Archived