IGNORED

Air Hawk Product & Customer Service

pedro cerveza

pedro cerveza

After hearing good things about them from other riders I purchased an Air Hawk in Daytona at bike week last Sunday. On Monday I responded to their email receipt with this message...

"Dear Jerry,

You would be happy to know that my new Air Hawk performed flawlessly and was supremely comfortable for the two hours or so that I actually owned it.

The nice gentleman at the show in Daytona who sold me the cushion told me that a lot of people who buy them don’t use the straps and just put them in their saddlebags whenever they get off the bike. Since I use my bike for occasional commutes into Miami where we get a lot of sporadic rain and the locals would steal the paint off the bike if they could figure out a way to sell it I thought that was a fine idea.

On the ride back to south Florida somewhere on I-95 passing through Indian River or St. Lucie County I stood up on the pegs to air out “the boys” at which point my new Air Hawk apparently fed up living in the oppressive environment between my buttocks and seat picked that moment to make it’s escape and exited the motorcycle at approximately 85 miles per hour. In fact my Air Hawk was so distraught at it dismal future it immediately committed suicide beneath the wheels of an SUV. (this was reported to me by one of my riding buddies).

If you are open to consumer suggestions my only one would be to boldly state the “The Straps Must Be Used To Secure The Air Hawk At All Times.”

Thanx,

Eric "

It took all of about 5 minutes for me to get an email back from Lynette Schanuel at at Air Hawk telling me that although they don't consider an escaped and suicidal cushion to be a product defect that they would be happy to replace my Air Hawk for free. Way more than generous as far as I am concerned. Props to the Air Hawk folks!

You can not buy that kind of goodwill and resulting endorsement.

They went way above and beyond.

Good for them and good for you by letting us know of the excellent service. :thumbsup:

An Air Hawk under an Alaskan sheepskin will solve a couple of things.

First, no straps needed as the sheepskin has them.

Second, increase in comfort level is exponential.

I'd order a sheepskin and use them together.

We only use the AirHawk for longer rides, the sheepskin almost always.

Best wishes.

John Bentall

I always use the straps on the Airhawk.

If I am parking it in the open, then I unzip the cushion from the cover and put in in the top-box.

I'm sure that such an entertaining communication helped with the replacement, and I would bet they printed it and have it stuck on a wall or bulletin board somewhere. That sort of approach tends to work better than "your stupid cushion blew off my bike when I stood up at speed."

Although I don't have an Airhawk, I am complete agreement with Tallman's suggestion to combine a cushion with a sheepskin — the combination probably exceeds the sum of the parts.

• 1 month later...

Archived