IGNORED

Canbus showing lamp failure: faulty switch?

CraigT

after around fifteen minutes of riding, my right had side indicator/flasher/blinker stops working and the canbus system advises of a front lamp failure. However, the lamp is fine and the system will reset if the ignition is off for say 10secs+

What's the issue?, is it the switch?, why will it reset every time?, this is not intermittent, it happens every time. My bike just came out of winter hibernation yesterday and I had actually forgotten about this problem.

Anyone else had this? How did you fix? thanks

Dennis Andress

We've seen that on both our bikes. I think we replaced a bulb the first time we saw it. After that I'm pretty sure we've just reseated bulbs as needed. I'd guess there is some corrosion between the bulb and its socket. Eventually the bulb "looks" bad to the CAN bus. Reseating, removing the bulb and then putting it back, probably cleans up the connection a bit.

Replacing the bulbs would be a good idea. We found matching ones at a local auto parts store. Just make sure you get the same wattage.

hmmm. ok, I did replace the lamp when it first came on, but i guess a dodgy socket could appear that the connection could be bad when regular riding vibrations occur. I'll have a wee looksee, strip and clean the lamp socket and see what that brings.

Thanks for the response guys.

Archived