IGNORED

Electrified Topcase on '14 1200RT

BarryBeemer

BarryBeemer

Loving the new RT....100+ miles so far. Just installed the electrified topcase (it's got an interior light and I added the LED brake light). It's got a cable coming out of the box with a cannon plug that mates up with a connector under the pillion seat. The instructions were very vague about the proper routing of the cable and the photo doesn't seem to match the configuration of the '14 model. Has anyone had success routing the cable?

You had instructions? I didn’t have any paperwork. I talked with the tech at the dealer, on the right side the wire just goes under and around the rack then under the seat. You will see a hole to push the keeper in place. Not much to it. Keep in mind you should be able to remove the case without taking the bike about.

Note be carefull when replacing the seat you don't want any contract with the wire. 

Jay

BarryBeemer

That would be great, David....if it's not too much trouble. I first put the plastic "cable keeper" in a hole that looked right (according to the photo in the manual), but later found out that one of the rubber "nipples" from the pillion seat assembly should go in that same hole. A picture would be worth a million words!

Skywagon, why not post the picture and info here. Loads of us are interested in these things. After all, it is a wrenching subject!

Thanks

Skywagon, why not post the picture and info here. Loads of us are interested in these things. After all, it is a wrenching subject!

Thanks

Kind of what forums are all about, no?

Archiving a conversation for the next person in need of the same info.

#imjustsayin ;)

I'll post the link here in the next hour or so....I don't have a PhD in picture posting on this site :grin:

Hi Skywagon, I'm with you there :-)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/101365501@N03/

OK try this link. The water you see is my tears...I couldn't ride today and had to do my taxes.

Look at the PR2 in the pictures too. Thats on my 1150RT with 13000 miles.

If that link doesn't work, go here and click where ArmyGuy posted for me last time.

http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=75718&Number=871403#Post871403

BarryBeemer

Thanks, David! Great pix! When I put the plastic "keeper" in that hole, I had trouble getting the pillion seat to go back on. I'll have to work on it again in better light.

Again, thanks and congratulations on the new ride!!!

you too...wish I was still out in the bay area and we could ride together.... I still have to do something about the seat. After getting off the Russell which was ride as long as you want...this 150 mile seat killing me. A buddy just bought a llamb for his fjr. Simialar style. I'll see how he likes it after a couple of weeks.

Archived