IGNORED

What's the name/model of this specific R100?

dado

hi all

i've come across a different kind of a bmw r100

if anybody can tell me, i'd like to know its exact name and model as i'm considering buying one

some say it's an rs or r, others say classic

thanks in advance

I believe it's a R100 R Classic. And, if I'm not mistaken it's the white pinstripes and spoked wheels that makes it a classic over your everyday ordinary R100 R which BTW, you don't see all that often. Unless, you hang out with Bill down in NC. ;)

Pat

As the decal on the battery cover indicates, it's an R100R.

This is basically an R100GS with smaller front wheel, low exhaust, and different instruments.

Same except for the exhaust describes an R80ST versus an R80G/S.

I think they all had wire wheels (probably tubeless) and the "funky" special was called a Mystic. Some in Europe came with big "Boxter" decal on the tank.

thank you for your replies

i'll look into it, but i still think this one stands out from the ones you mentioned

Kent has it correctly. It is an R100R . Google is your friend ...

Linky

and many, many others. Also known as R100R Classic / Mystic

roadscholar

There are four possibilities. R100R (pearl white, turquoise, met. black, purple), R100R Mystic (different seat and tail section, mystic red), the R100R Classic (black met.) along with the R100GS classic (all black P/D) and R100RT Classic (two-tone grey) were made the last year, 1995. And the rare R100 Mystic Classic (1995, black).

I've had a couple, a '92 pearl white R and a turquoise '93. They're a fun bike, surprisingly quick and agile as airheads go, pretty decent brakes and suspension, good enough to be the forerunners of the Boxer Cup series.

BMW-R100R-Battle-of-the-Legends-Ad.jpg

Archived