IGNORED

City lids for 1200RT

johnlt

Fernando, with the new R1200RTP coming out, if it is similar in concept to the R1150RTP, they used the city lids for those models. Seems like a natural extension

Fernando, with the new R1200RTP coming out, if it is similar in concept to the R1150RTP, they used the city lids for those models. Seems like a natural extension

The R1200RT-Ps that have been seen around use a completely different pannier. It is a slim unit with a top opening 'designed to be opened with one hand from the saddle'.

I have no idea if they would fit the standard carriers.

Cya, Andy thumbsup.gif

The R1200RT-Ps that have been seen around use a completely different pannier. It is a slim unit with a top opening 'designed to be opened with one hand from the saddle'.

I have no idea if they would fit the standard carriers.

Here's a photo of the new RTP cases.

Citylids.jpg

I took this photo at the San Jose show. I looked at the chrome brackets closely and it doesn't look like it would be a just a simple swap of lids, or cases either. Unless I'm missing something, it appears you'd have to install the complete new bracket to use the new RTP cases.

I suspect OEM BMW City Lids for the R1200RT and ST cases are not going to happen. Maybe a 3rd party supplier will step up to the plate.

Archived