IGNORED

2013 GSA Triple Black

ncsonderman

I've been pulled from my lurking to purchase a holdover 2013 GSA from Gateway! It's triple black and has clearwater Kristas, cylinder guards, black dog rear rack, and a beefy skid plate.

I'm really ready to see how much of a difference the 1200 camhead will be over my 1100 and previous 1150 RTs. Nice to be able to take dirt roads more often as well.

Any farkels that are a must have on the big bike?

That is going to be one fine bike for you. I live up by Hannibal so am familiar with Gateway..... very nice guys there. My friend and I went up to Alaska (10k miles) in 2011, he on his GS and I on a RoadStar. I was so impressed that I'm now riding an 1150RT. Love it.

I think there are several Rally's in our state that you might be interested in. Of course there will be the big Rally in Minneapolis this year so hope you have time to attend.

Congratulations.

Thanks Jagman. Hannibal is one of my winter riding destinations as I can ride the river road up and back with fewer twisty sections. With all of the road debris it is always a decent plan.

I'll have to hit Falling Leaf this fall and will try to make it to MotoMO in Crane again.

What is the best place to eat lunch up in those parts? I usually hit the Mark Twain Dinette.

Congrats on the new ride! :thumbsup: Not sure if I'd call them must haves but, the three things I did to my regular GS that made it fit me better was.

1) Bar backs

2) Sargent seat

3) Heidenau K60 scouts

Note on the tires, big improvement on gravel roads but you'll need some time with them on pavement to start trusting their limits. I would wear out what's on the bike first.

Pat

it's a waterhead isn't it? not a camhead...??

The GSA is indeed the final iteration of the oil-cooled engine. I wrestled weather to get the 14 GSA, because...

A: it looks completely bad ass :Cool:

B: the additional horsepower and street prowess

C: cruise control

I chose the 13 because....

A: all of the bugs would be ironed out.

B: much heralded machine with great network of parts when needed.

C: the triple black also looks bad ass! :Cool:

D: about $4K savings can buy a bunch of farkles and tires :thumbsup:

Archived