IGNORED

Relay 12v trigger wire

Edgar

I am powering some additional electrical devices on a 2011 RT thru a Fuze Block. What key on powered device have you used as a trigger for a relay?

Afternoon Edgar

It depends on:

Do you JUST want power at key on.

or

With key on, ENGINE RUNNING.

or

With key on, ENGINE RUNNING, but goes off during cranking.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

IIRC, I went from the small running lights in the front cowl to trigger a relay.

I'm also working on adapting a timer relay to defer everything auxiliary for 5 to 10 seconds. Been "working" on that for months....maybe in the summer when I commute less.

Evening Edgar

If you want key on engine running then probably use one of the low beam head light wires.

For just key on probably get B+ at the starter relay under the seat.

In any case you have the basics like one of the low beam headlight wires (won't power up until engine started)

Or the front marker light supply wire.

Or use the GPS wire connector (usually found in the front steering neck area). Will be delayed like the power outlet circuits.

Or using power from the front or rear power outlet socket control wires (will have a delay on shut down & delay on power up until engine start.

Or try one of the below--

Black/yellow wire at starter relay (under seat)--verify with a test light that it is doing what you need when you need it.

Green/blue wire at diagnostic connecter (under seat) )--verify with a test light that it is doing what you need when you need it.

I haven't verified either the starter relay or diagnostic connector for B+ on the 2011 RT but it was good info up though the 2010 & I don't think there were any changes for 2011.

I use the starter relay wire because it is close to the fuse panel under the seat and provides a very well protected location to connect with a posilock- no weather exposure.

key on/off without the ZFE delay. Mine's an 08.

The ZFE automatic shutoff time varies a lot between models with new bikes being shorter. My 06 K-GT always takes several minutes, the new F800GT on the order of 20-30 seconds. For reasons I don't fully understand the ZFE can get caught in some sort of slowdown after a battery disconnect or similar and take up to 30 minutes to shut off- so never leave anything high powered running that depends of ZFE shutdown- a set of halogen driving lights would kill your battery in that time.

I think DR has covered ALL of the common options...

On my 2013 I used a PM 60 which has a built in delay. I used the rear poweroutlet hot wire for the trigger wire, It was very close to where I placed the module. I think it was brown/ green?

Archived