IGNORED

Skully helmet...HUD and rear view camera

UberXY

What the heck... Worth a try, BMWST Beta tester # 2 has just signed up. May be a pet rock but could also be the next I phone. I do think that it takes a focused individual get used to this technology. But once mastered, could be a great asset!

I think it would be a heck of a lot LESS distracting. Being an RT rider, I can tell you that trying to see into the mirrors often involves moving your head along with adjusting your seating position or trying to look around your pillion. Having the rear view right there would make it so much easier.

Having said that...riding two up would mean that you are always looking at your lady...perhaps that's a selling point: "Hey fellas, now you can let her know that you're getting the helmet just so you can see her all the time"

Nice, but just watching this video I felt distracted seeing the road.

I can't imagine it is any more distracting than the rear view mirror in a car. The only thing I could see as a factor is that when you move your head the camera moves. Maybe it could work better with a fixed camera and a wireless transmission to the lid

Chris

Nice, but just watching this video I felt distracted seeing the road.

I can't imagine it is any more distracting than the rear view mirror in a car. The only thing I could see as a factor is that when you move your head the camera moves. Maybe it could work better with a fixed camera and a wireless transmission to the lid

Chris

oooh - that'd be cool. having it mounted like under the luggage rack or similar would solve the problem of pillion. of course, if you mount it too you'll never seen anything other than the car behind you when there's one there. in any case, i want one.

• 3 weeks later...
Signed up too.

Any of you others who signed up through the website getting random calls from, according to my phone, "Antigua/Barbuda"?

I wouldn't have made the connection, but I have received a few calls in the last week - or, really, I've missed or ignored them, and I noticed a post on the comment section on Skully's website where someone decried the whole thing as a scam because he'd been getting such calls. Further stated that no one else had the number, which seems odd if true.

I'm not jumping on the it's a scam bandwagon, but that is probably the only new web type place I've submitted my mobile number recently, so it seems likely more than a coincidence, and I thought I'd check here and see if it's just me (and that other guy).

josh

I signed up to be a beta tester, and have received only one email from them claiming they are still determining who will be testers. I have received no phone calls from "Antigua/Baruda" that are related to the test. Several other cold calls have been received hawking low mortgage rates and other senseless marketing promotions. I just hang up on them after telling them to remove my number from their database.

I signed up to be a beta tester, and have received only one email from them claiming they are still determining who will be testers. I have received no phone calls from "Antigua/Baruda" that are related to the test. Several other cold calls have been received hawking low mortgage rates and other senseless marketing promotions. I just hang up on them after telling them to remove my number from their database.

+1 on the e-mail

No other solicitations whatsoever to me.

About the HUD image. I Think in time, it would be Okay. Remember the bugs put into the TV screens for the station call sign or next show way back when? Still there, just don't notice them so much.

Any of you others who signed up through the website getting random calls from, according to my phone, "Antigua/Barbuda"?

I don't think there's any connection. This is part of an aggressive scam going on right now from several caribbean area codes (including 268 - Antigua). There're random dialing US phone numbers and hanging up after a single ring. Curious people who call the number back get a $19.95 international phone charge on their bill.

I don't think there's any connection. This is part of an aggressive scam going on right now from several caribbean area codes (including 268 - Antigua). There're random dialing US phone numbers and hanging up after a single ring. Curious people who call the number back get a $19.95 international phone charge on their bill.

Yikes - that's awful. (Though I don't understand why some people feel compelled to call back unknown numbers that haven't left a message...maybe I'm just a misanthrope though, because I usually won't even call back people I know if they haven't left a message.)

Thanks for the reply - glad to have some evidence that it's not Skully as that would have been pretty lame.

edit: that was the area code - 268 - from which my missed calls originated

edit: that was the area code - 268 - from which my missed calls originated

Last Tuesday I got a call from (268) 762-0158 and earlier this month I got a call from (473) 405-0173 (Grenada).

I'm on Verizon and made no contact with Skully.

• 8 months later...

Archived