IGNORED

gs 911 wifi beta testing

longjohn

I was looking at the hex code gs 911 site and found they are developing a wifi version that will work with iPhone/ipad/itouch or any wifi device. Good news. No more need to buy a friggin' windows laptop to go with the gs 911.

MOA link

John

You didn't need to anyway.

They have long had a blue tooth version compatible with phones, other than I phones.

That was what gave the field usage on the device.

I don't know which phones, and all that. Just that that was the field idea for the device.

As to the more recent in depth data they produce, you still can upload that when you are back at the barn onto your desktop. For performance analysis, etc.

dc

Paul In Australia

Not if your laptop is a Mac and you don't use a converter.

The new software will be fully functional on all IOS 7 actioned hardware as far as I know. That is a very big improvement in my book.

regards

It was on display/demo'd at the MOA Rally last summer in Salem.

I had just purchased a slightly used GS911 bluetooth version and found an old phone to carry along for roadside diagnostics.Otherwise,I would have signed up for this new one.

I'm a Mac and iPhone user,so this newer version would be the way to go if you are in the same circumstance.

JR356

I'm a Mac and iPhone user,so this newer version would be the way to go if you are in the same circumstance.

JR356

Hmm I don't have an iPhone but I do have a 2nd gen ITouch that has wifi. Would this device suffice?

Danny caddyshack Noonan

I have the BT version on my GS911. It does not have the same functionality as a laptop when connected to the phone. I don't recall specifics since I don't use it. I tested it out before my Canada trip so that I wouldn't be totally ignorant of it and found that it was pretty high level in the menus.

I have the BT version on my GS911. It does not have the same functionality as a laptop when connected to the phone. I don't recall specifics since I don't use it.
Correct. The phone app (I use the Android version) is designed for emergency roadside diagnostics and corrections. It's not the full Windows application that allows tweaking of just about every single feature/function of the bike's electronics. It makes sense from my perspective as I really don't need to reprogram a fuel strip on the road, I can always wait. It will read fault codes and sensors and let you know what's broken. It will clear fault codes as well so once you've addressed the underlying problem you can clear it and get on with your trip.
Correct. The phone app (I use the Android version) is designed for emergency roadside diagnostics and corrections. It's not the full Windows application that allows tweaking of just about every single feature/function of the bike's electronics.

+1 Bit like an on bike tool kit as opposed to a fully equipped toolbox and bike lift.

Archived