IGNORED

Your next video camera: Geonaute 360

Joe Frickin' Friday

Joe Frickin' Friday

Wow. Check out

being shown at the CES. An array of 3 fish-eye lenses records a complete sphere of video information; post-processing lets you compose a clip from an infinity of viewing angles. If you've ever used a video camera on your bike/helmet before and been disappointed to discover afterward that it was pointed mostly at the pavement or sky, no worries anymore: just slap this thing on your bike, record the video, and choose the viewing angle after you get home. View the same ride from multiple angles: watching the road ahead, then panning your view to the side to catch the coastline/mountain/stripper/whatever happens to be by the side of the road as you pass by.

GoPro has been groundbreaking, but this one looks to be some tough competition!

Joe Frickin' Friday

SD cards are getting pretty big. I don't know how they'd cram all that data into storage; even with ultra-high speed memory, I wonder if they'd need a couple of cards storing data in parallel to get a high enough data rate. I'm seeing UHS cards up to 64 GB now, so if you had a couple of those in parallel, that''ll probably hold a fair amount of footage.

Archived