IGNORED

Why to Avoid Having an UN Rally in Virginia

Nice n Easy Rider

Is that map based on actual data/surveys, or is someone just making stuff up for fun?

If'n it's data, it's not recent, Louisiana has the worst drivers, with Mass not even in the top five.

Dave McReynolds
Is that map based on actual data/surveys, or is someone just making stuff up for fun?

If'n it's data, it's not recent, Louisiana has the worst drivers, with Mass not even in the top five.

Well, at least Louisiana is trying to get into a more socially acceptable category....

Remember Mitch, George is a politician now . . . he wouldn't lie. :rofl:

Joe Frickin' Friday

Michigan is plausibly close to bottom of the list for unemployment, and Mississippi is indeed the most obese. Which made me think there might be at least a grain of truth to the map.

Nice n Easy Rider

Mitch, this appears to be a real chart someone compiled. According to the website,

Most stats taken from http://www.americashealthrankings.org/ and http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/rankings.html (unless otherwise noted)

You can look at the site I pulled the chart from at the below link along with the actual numbers for the values for each state.

http://www.pleated-jeans.com/2011/01/24/the-united-states-of-shame-chart/

russell_bynum
What is it about geography that people confuse New York with New York City?

Same thing that makes people associate the rest of California with LA and San Francisco. The rest of the state bears little resemblance to those areas culturally, economically, or politically...but say "California" and that's what people think.

Joe Frickin' Friday
Washington..Bestiality? I think not.probably Montana though.

Don't know about Montana, but bestality was legal in Washington until 2005. The passage of a law against it that year was prompted by this incident in which a man died after engaging in intercourse with a horse. If you're wondering how that could kill a guy, click on the link - but be warned, the article is rather graphic.

Washington..Bestiality? I think not.probably Montana though.

Don't know about Montana, but bestality was legal in Washington until 2005. The passage of a law against it that year was prompted by this incident in which a man died after engaging in intercourse with a horse. If you're wondering how that could kill a guy, click on the link - but be warned, the article is rather graphic.

I'd say it was more like the horse engaged in intercourse with the man. Strange world we live in.

Washington…..Bestiality? I think not….probably Montana though.

Honest officer, I was just helping that sheep over the fence!

You know who I'm talking bout. :grin:

No offense intended, but a quick net search seems to indicate that it is legal in the following states:

Alabama; Arkansas; Washington, D.C.; Guam; Hawaii; Kentucky; Montana; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; Ohio; Texas; Vermont; Virginia; West Virginia; and Wyoming

....and that is really disturbing!

I want to emphasize that I am a transplant to North Dakota. My wife reminded me that my first comment about N.D. was in agreement with the map. Nuff said. :)

New Mexico is a lot of things, but anti social, I think not. But the reputation will be worth it, if it cuts down on the Texan invasion. (Did I say that out loud?)

Nice n Easy Rider

Al, I'm not going to comment on that at this moment. But I will look into it and after a year or two of extensive study, involving hundreds of thousands of dollars, I'll consider having my assistant make a statement. :grin:

Washington…..Bestiality? I think not….probably Montana though.

The old joke when I was a kid (I'm from Spokane), was "Montana: Where men are men, and the sheep are ner-er-er-er-er-er-vous."

Al, I'm not going to comment on that at this moment. But I will look into it and after a year or two of extensive study, involving hundreds of thousands of dollars, I'll consider having my assistant make a statement. :grin:

OK ... that was funny!

Archived